CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

top speeed>>>>???

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

top speed is a non-factor, any iggit can go fast in a striaghtline. Being able to pull a proper uturn would be a skill I dont see most able to do

Old 01-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
top speed is a non-factor, any iggit can go fast in a striaghtline. Being able to pull a proper uturn would be a skill I dont see most able to do
so true. How about that figure 8 for the license test? That alone is such a pain in the *** haha.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissevered
so true. How about that figure 8 for the license test? That alone is such a pain in the *** haha.
License test where I live is "ride your bike around the block, and get it back to the DMV."

Kinda scary actually.

then on the way home with a fresh new license w/ endorsement, on a friend's borrowed Yamaha FZ1, some tool tries passing another car crossing a double yellow, oncoming right @ me, no shoulder to veer onto - I had to do my panic stop right there in a real-world situation, so I was pretty pleased that even if the DMV didn't bother testing me, I still could do it. .

Old 01-15-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
License test where I live is "ride your bike around the block, and get it back to the DMV."

Kinda scary actually.

then on the way home with a fresh new license w/ endorsement, on a friend's borrowed Yamaha FZ1, some tool tries passing another car crossing a double yellow, oncoming right @ me, no shoulder to veer onto - I had to do my panic stop right there in a real-world situation, so I was pretty pleased that even if the DMV didn't bother testing me, I still could do it. .
personally I think the MSF should be required in every state to get the M endorsement. Of course I also think it shouldnt cost as much as it does either but if you think about its worth it and might deter those who dont really need to be on bikes to stay off of em lol

Now back to the uturn lol, theres a reg at Deal's Gap the rides a Goldwing all decked out that can do things with it most cant do on a sportbike lol. At one of the gatherings I attend at the DGMR I seen him work his way thru a crowd (they were in the driveway lol) n then pull a uturn in a space no wider than a single lane. It was badass lol, dude has skills.

Last edited by PlayfulGod; 01-15-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:30 PM

personally I think the MSF should be required in every state to get the M endorsement. Of course I also think it shouldnt cost as much as it does either but if you think about its worth it and might deter those who dont really need to be on bikes to stay off of em lol

Now back to the uturn lol, theres a reg at Deal's Gap the rides a Goldwing all decked out that can do things with it most cant do on a sportbike lol. At one of the gatherings I attend at the DGMR I seen him work his way thru a crowd (they were in the driveway lol) n then pull a uturn in a space no wider than a single lane. It was badass lol, dude has skills.
Yellow wolf?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrMQ3QwyPo

This bike was for sale near me on Craigslist not too long ago.

I was recently looking at streetfightered goldwings - kinda cool actually.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:33 PM

Yellow wolf is another talented goldwing rider, even with the HEAVILY modded goldwing he made that video with lol. I think hes had several since that one and regularly rides rented goldwings when he visits the area these days lol. I'm not sure if it was him I saw or not, dont think it was but I can ask on ETR lol

Old 01-15-2011, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree... I also think that permits should only work on bikes 250cc or lower.(or make it a top speed limit or something) I think its amazing that you can go get a permit for 7 bucks, go buy a busa and kill yourself and some other people within a day.

Last edited by Dissevered; 01-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yellow wolf is nuts. I thought I was bad, he is just hauling ***!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bingo, stock F2 doesnt have the power to get to redline. the -1+2 gives it the oomph it needs to redline in 6th, so you don't actually lose top speed with this gearing change on this particular bike.

even with that gearing it takes a half day to get there i had that gearing and it wanted another tooth or 2 on the back....that was when i had no fairings so aerodynamics might have played a role in that as well

Last edited by nickels; 01-16-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:07 PM
July 2013 ROTM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
Looked it up on http://www.gearingcommander.com/

here's a chart they generate:
isent stock gearing 15-43??