CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

TIRES TIRES AND TIRES

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TIRES TIRES AND TIRES

ORIGINAL: gixxereater

Tire opinions are like azz holes.........

Street tires are street tires..........Dunlops are NOT horrible. What made them horrible?
thats all i was thinking reading all the post before this. im like these guys are really making dunlop sound like crap and what ever they have is golden. i have dunlop sportmas qualifiers rear and the sportmax d208 front. and you should see me ride the twisties, you'll probably wanna get a pair. i would say to each his or her own, dependent of climate, riding style etc. so if u are like me and like to scrape knee everywhere you go even pulling into your drive way, dunlop sportmax 208 and up is for you. if you want to ride to and from work in a straight line...dunlops also got you covered. so do some research. honda doesnt equip the double r with d208's for no reason. a little bit of history for you dunlop haters.
http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/racing.asp
dont forget this list
http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/raci...y_roadrace.asp
note: no other tire brands were bash in the writing of this message.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:20 PM

i have pirelli diablo on my cbr 600 f2 180 rear an they grab like wild tiger nails on cold asphalt, in hot asphalt they are like glue, when you are in the midle of the curve you are realy safe, just take precaution in wet cold asphalt i havent tested

take a look at mi bike click on left gray camera icon at the left of this comment seeya

Old 12-11-2007, 09:36 PM

Dunlops have a stiff carcass,are a bitch to mount,and give little or no warning when they are faded.I like a tire to "give" a little on corner entry.I call that better feedback from the tire.

Dunlops get greasy when the air temp/ashalt temp gets high (Down here,that's 88 deg F and up,so that's often during the summer).The other brands don't.

Dunlops "cup" sooner than all the other brands.This lends to their short life.When they have 3k miles on them,there's nothing left.Nothing.

Their quality is inconsistent.All the other brands,when you go to balance them,almost all the other brands need little weight,if any at all.Dunlops,well,one tire may need one,the next may need 5-6 weights.Says lots about there quality control,or the lack thereof.

Dunlop overproduces.You get what you think is a recent made tire (D208 for example),look up the code,and it's 3 years old.I want my money back.Or pro-rate the price back 3 years.We all know that ain't gonna happen.

I don't work for Michelin,I work for Mitsubishi.Actually,I'm under contract with Bridgestone,and MPP is the best street tire available right now.I've tried them all.

Hershey,cars are what's for the pissing rain and -5 temps. Dude,you're nuts.

honda doesnt equip the double r with d208's for no reason. a little bit of history for you dunlop haters

All Honda tire contracts in Japan are up for bid week-to-week.Whomever bids the lowest gets their brand on the rim.Ever see 4 new RC51s at the dealer with 4 different tire brands? THAT's why.

Dunlop dirtbike tires and golf ***** suck too.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Haha, just buggin you Kjohnson, I still like the feel of my M3's over the PP's, although I have not tried the 2CT's yet.

Nuts is what I am

gixxereater: I have never crashed, where did you get the idea that I highsided? My bike came with new Dunslops and they were toast inless than5,000km's, slipping, skipping and chattering away through every corner with moderate lean.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:17 AM

Same with my 600rr.With 208s on it the front end would push.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:31 PM

as stated b4...
ORIGINAL: gixxereater

Tire opinions are like azz holes.........
im done here
to each his or her own. ride safe folkz

Old 12-14-2007, 01:41 AM

Bikes are equipped with bridgestones and dunslops in the showroom because they are cheap.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:55 PM

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/det...t_id=0302-0104

http://www.motorcycleproshop.com/det...t_id=0302-0095

awww...another attempt to bash dunlop, failed! try again hershey =)
dunSlops....i like it...its cute, if i didnt know better id say you were 10

Old 12-16-2007, 12:08 AM

I'm not trying to bash anybody, my opinion was unbiased.

I have sampled new tires from Pirelli, Metzeler, Dunslop, Bridgestone, and Michelin.

They all hold up well, beyond the point thatmost people on this board can even reach, but only when they're new.

I was commenting on my first handexperience (not thehype that websites and reviews feed you)

And that experience is that the Dunlops quickly lose their stick and take longer to warm up after <5000 km's

Bridgestones were not much better, turned into bowling ***** around the same time.

Pirelli, Metzeler and Michelins all held up longer and FELT much more surefooted in all weather conditions and speeds/lean angles.

I'm not sure why you have to defend them so much, maybe you have not tried a superior brand in tires?

If you want to argue prices, try a real website.

www.bikebandit.com

Michelins are the most expensive of the 4 brands.
Dunlops and Metzeler are around the same
Bridgestones are notably cheaper

Not to mention that consumer prices do not reflect any bit of what the bike manufacturers pay for tires.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:17 PM

awwww, dont get upset hersh. listen, you dont have to tell me what tires you've ridden on. frankly, i dont care....please dont take offense. i mean i can tell you about the 3 bikes iown with the different tires ive ridden with on track and street, but whats the point of that. so just to make you and your ego feel better, here it is. dunSlops are horrible, if you use them you will crash and die. and undercoverbrother gets all his info from websites....am i missing anything?... i hope not. now stop your whimpering.

Quick Reply: TIRES TIRES AND TIRES