CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Stock Fairing question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Fairing question

ok so i did a search and didnt come up with anything..sorry if this has allready been discussed.....but my bike used to have f3 race fairings on the front and sides......I just bought new side fairings and have a front on the way that are stock f2's.......and im wondering two things.....with the inspection doors there is some sort of weird screw in there....do I need to use these or can I use a regular bolt..and also what does it screw into?.....second...one of the side fairings came with a little inner peice that extends up above the top where it joins with the front fairing...do I need this as well and what does it do?....also how do the side fairings connect together at the bottom where they meet?...sorry but these are way different than the fairings I originally had

Old 02-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Stock Fairing question

I'm gonna give this one a try...
The inspection covers do have a special "bolt" that screws in at a quarter turn. You need the inner part for these to screw into at the fairing side. I'm not sure of what little inner piece you're talking about...
...and the front fairing bolts to the frame, then the side fairings bolt with a 5mm allen head screw....
Good Luck!
RB