CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

soooo... i got a speeding ticket today its pretty bad LOL

Old 04-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soooo... i got a speeding ticket today its pretty bad LOL

yeah so i was on the way home from my dads house in TN going to KY. we had been on this one road for 80 miles or so. and were ready to get off our bikes so we crank back on them a little. about 8 miles from our exit i pop over this hill and im not trying to run my bike all out. i had one hand on the throttle the other on the tank, so i pop over this little hill and low and behold sitting on the other side of traffic on the shoulder is a state trooper. by then i had let off of it as soon as i came over the hill cause i saw him but to late the damage was done lol. so he threw his lights on and as soon as he did that i knew they were for me. so i started down shifting and slowing down and i pulled over......ugggghhhh......so he walked up to the bike and said "sir do you know what i clocked you at" and me being honest said nooo.then he said "i clocked you coming over that hill at 126 mph" i was like "huh really?" he said "yes sir thats cookin" lol.....all in all i got a ticket for doing 126 in a 70 reckless driving.....im probably going to loose my license for 30 days and have to pay some fines....but oh well whats a crotch rocket for if you dont use it??? lol i know i learned my lesson

Old 04-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try not to hate me for laughing a bit tho. I always expect a cop on the other side of hills

Old 04-04-2010, 02:53 PM

I can't be mad at you for speeding man. Lord knows how many times I've gotten lucky from traffic slowing me down.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:57 PM

oh dude your cool lol laugh it up. im just glad i got to ride the rest of the way home instead of going to jail on easter hahaha

Old 04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

But this begs the question: if you let off as soon as you saw the cop, how fast were you going before you let off?

Old 04-04-2010, 04:48 PM

well lets see.... a couple miles back i was doing 150. but then we slowed down and were cruising at 130. but like right as soon as i seen him is when he clocked me. so i didnt have any time to really to slow down but atleast i know my f4i gauges are right hahaha

Old 04-04-2010, 04:58 PM

I feel you. Just got my first ticket in 7 years on Saturday. CHP got me doing 90. He was nice enough to write me up for going 80, making it only a 1 point ticket and letting me keep my license. It sucks, but sometimes you need a wake-up call to take it easy on the freeway.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:42 PM

Personally, travelling at those speeds is illegal for a reason, and I think you deserve every punishment.

Just to share, in Britain, you would not only loose your license, but also to recover it, have to go back and do all the training, including theory and practical tests for your class of motorcycle.

That's not mentioning a serious risk of a jail scentence.

Again, not meaning to tell you how to live you're life, I just read your comment and wanted to share my frustration.

Kind regards,

Gabriel

Old 04-04-2010, 07:03 PM

Ftp.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your very lucky, you still have your license.. recommend track days to relieve your drenailine rush for speed more safe.. been there with speeding tickets.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: soooo... i got a speeding ticket today its pretty bad LOL