CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

repair diagram link needed......

Old 02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up repair diagram link needed......

im noticing that my rear wheel feels a little squirrely when cruising at any speed in a straight and especially when upshifting...when i got off the bike i shook the wheel side to side and noticed a good amount of play (or wobble)..im guessing the bearings are causing this..im not sure if they are adjustable or if they are pressed in..im goin to take the back wheel off tonite and inspect further but id like to have a diagram first so i know what im lookin at..i ordered a repair manual but my impatience has got the best of me on this matter...does anyone know a good link to get technical breakdown drawings ? and also does anyone know if the rear bearings are adjustable or if they just go bad or what else could be giving my rear wheel so much play from side to side...any help would be awesome ..thanx in advance !!!!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wheel bearings are non adjustable sealed ball bearings, replace ASAP with new bearings before they blow.

Was your axle nut torqued down?

Old 02-26-2009, 08:56 PM

well i took my back wheel off tonite and got a closer look at my bearings and seals...the bearings def. had visible signs of wear and are going to be replaced..the issue im havin is that there is a natural finished aluminum hub that the sprocket bolts to and is attached to the rim. this hub (or whatever its technical name is) happens to be very loose....not only can i wobble it in and out of the rim itslef but it also rotates back and forth in its fit (the sprocket is tight and this piece and the sprocket move together) ....so basically when i let the clutch out and the chain tightens up this piece and the sprocket move before the rim and tire actually do...or another way to picture is if you hold the back break and start to let the clutch out this piece and the sprocket actually rotates an inch before it tries to spin the wheel...i dont know much bout bikes but ive been a mechanic for 18 years and i know that aint good...does anyone have a clue what is loose inside the rim that could be causing this or if something has to be worn out for it to rotate like it does? lemme know somethin cause im lost ...thanx for any clues on this one!!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 PM

also does anyone know where i can view an exploded diagram of this back wheel without waiting for my manual?...id like to gain a better understanding of my situation at hand

Old 02-27-2009, 04:45 AM

sounds like your cush drive rubbers are f***ed easy job to sort. the sproket and the hub part all come out as one part just tap them from behind with the shaft of a hammer there will be little rubber triangles should be 5 in total they are the cush drive rubbers by the sound of it they need replaced.this link has a manual http://www.scribd.com/doc/9607480/Ho...ice-ManualnoPW page 127 has the break down for the rear wheel.

Last edited by gregtutch; 02-27-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What Greg said.

The cush drive rubbers are pooched, the purpose of the cush drive is to prolong the life of your sprockets, chain and transmission by smoothing out the delivery of power from the motor and stresses of acceleration and hard engine braking.