CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

really starting to piss me off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really starting to **** me off.

ok ive had this issue before i just dont know what it is. any help or info would be great! my bike starts fine when i go to work but when i get off @10pm my bike wont start i adjust the choke and it starts up just fine, then when i drive off it rides perfect for like a quarter of a mile then it dies out like its not getting any gas. it dies then it does one of two things it will either start with full choke but if i give it gas it dies or it wont start and trying to start it drains the battery. i admit i dont let it warm up very long is that the issue? it does it almost every time i get off of work but in the morning it works perfect. any ideas?????? is it my carbs?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:34 AM

I would start by taking the fuel petcock off and cleaning it. then your fuel filter, if any. And then clean your carbs.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by tigertim20
I would start by taking the fuel petcock off and cleaning it. then your fuel filter, if any. And then clean your carbs.

there isnt a fuel filter on the f2s.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:49 AM

The tank could be having trouble breathing and creating a vacuum. Check the fuel tank breather hoses. as mentioned above petcock could also be the problem, maybe not getting proper vacuum from carb1.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bently600
The tank could be having trouble breathing and creating a vacuum. Check the fuel tank breather hoses. as mentioned above petcock could also be the problem, maybe not getting proper vacuum from carb1.
Open the gas cap and try again. :/

I doubt this is the problem, as vapor lock really only occurs on pumped bikes, as the vaccuum just messes with the pump pressure. It wouldn't really negatively affect gravity-fed bikes, unless there's a kink in a hose somewhere, and the vapor lock is sealing the rest off.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like the other guys said check your vent tubes on your tank

Old 07-18-2009, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
there isnt a fuel filter on the f2s.
the stock OEM fuel filter inserts into the tank with the petcock.

this is an interesting problem.

how does the bike run when its... uh.. running.

I really dont know how to approach this but when you say it runs perfect in the morning... and bad at night.

Air?

Barometric?

Anyone smell what im stepping in?

but still that doesnt seem plausible

Last edited by shardoflard; 07-18-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:23 PM

i also have same problem it happens occansionally maybe once a month. had bike checked out a few times and mechanic could not find the problem. mechanic even told me it the intake valves are too tight which may cause problems depending on weather. i still have that issue but dont worry about it since it happens rarely. i just start the bike on full choke and once it starts i ride it and make sure rpm's are high until the bike is fully warmed up before releasing choke. i think its been working great since now the bike rarely stalls. But when it does stall normally let it sit for at least 10 minutes and start the bike on again in full choke. dont try to keep starting the bike since it will flood it or what i do is push start it on down a hill when i dont have time. fortunately l live on a hill,

Old 07-20-2009, 10:09 PM

I've never had this happen but for what it's worth: How cold is it where you are and have you done anything to the air intake? I wonder if it's iceing the carbs? Like I said I've never had it happen on my F2 but??? I think the next time it happens you should vent the tank and wait 30 sec and try again, if no start, wait an additional few minuites and try again, if it starts itcould be icing. Do these theings have heating tubes in the carbs?

Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Exclamation carbs

i live in northern cali so it pretty warm. i dont think its the vent tube i checked it out and i also took apart the petcock all is good there and i just got done cleaning my Carbs thanks to the wonderful post on here. they didnt look bad or gunked up but i sprayed and cleand every part. i will ride it tomorrow and take it for a test run and make sure it works properly and i wont know for A couple days if that was the issue or not. ill cross my fingers

Quick Reply: really starting to piss me off.