CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Ready to Buy...Frustrating

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready to Buy...Frustrating

OK, guys, here I go again... venting...

I am ready to buy. I have the money, want an F2 or F3 vintage. I want a complete bike, not one with missing parts... Why is it so hard?

there ought to be dozens of these bikes available, if not hundreds... anyone know any good places to shop out here in the Western states? I have looked all over the classifieds here, craigslist, etc.

Could use your referrals or tips.

Thanks
Bob

Old 06-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in socal there are tons of them on craigslist. seems odd to me that it would be different in utah. In my experience other classifieds like bike trader have them for way overpriced. I guess the best bet would to broaden your search and be willing to drive pretty far to find a good one.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by (951) Baby Shortee
Here in socal there are tons of them on craigslist. seems odd to me that it would be different in utah. In my experience other classifieds like bike trader have them for way overpriced. I guess the best bet would to broaden your search and be willing to drive pretty far to find a good one.

same here in norcal. i guess you gotta pack up and move !!! haha jk

Old 06-08-2009, 08:54 AM

Craigslist... brilliant!

Hey, I have read every craigslist for every city, town, and village west of the Mississippi.

There are lots of bikes... lets see... missing parts... dropped and severely damaged..., wont start...., in great shape but gas tank has been hammered flat so I can stand on it... custom colors--- ugliest metallic green I have ever seen- from a spray can... etc... etc.

What I said was... is there a COMPLETE bike out there that has not been damaged or abused?

Like I also said- I'm venting again.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What about e-Bay
Look in our own classifieds..........

Old 06-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hopz
I am ready to buy. I have the money, want an F2 or F3 vintage.
Thanks
Bob
OY!! Don't call my bike vintage!!

Check out cycletrader.com. Got mine ready to go with no problems and 14k miles for $2,400. 7k miles and 6 months later, I'm a very happy man!

Check out the sticky somewhere around here about buying a new bike. Invaluable info on what to look for! And take the MSF course! It'll keep you on 2 wheels!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hopz
Craigslist... brilliant!

Hey, I have read every craigslist for every city, town, and village west of the Mississippi.

There are lots of bikes... lets see... missing parts... dropped and severely damaged..., wont start...., in great shape but gas tank has been hammered flat so I can stand on it... custom colors--- ugliest metallic green I have ever seen- from a spray can... etc... etc.

What I said was... is there a COMPLETE bike out there that has not been damaged or abused?

Like I also said- I'm venting again.

i'll sell you mine!! its in pretty good shape...lol but its in iowa...just sayin

Old 06-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Ian

here you go, one owner f2....doesn't get much better than that....it's not mine, just a quick search through the craigslist ads here in Tulsa.....

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/1213106180.html

-Ian

Old 06-10-2009, 02:40 PM

Good luck finding a mint f2... They are almost non existent now. f3 almost as well... i bought my f2 for cheap and i plan on getting a full body for it... it ends up being cheaper than finding on thats mint cuz you better believe that person wont sell it for cheap

Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The problem is that so many first time riders will buy these bikes as a stepping stone to learning and will drop/crash them.

Another problem is that so many young riders have horrid taste when it comes to customizing their bikes.

Here's mine, you'll never find a 300 series rear tire, stretched swingarm, chrome wheels or a NOS bottle on this bike...

Quick Reply: Ready to Buy...Frustrating