CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Project: CyBoRg (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 02:20 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No the sag hasn't been measured, just gonna go by feel, I anticipated that the adjuster is gonna be fairly stuck and tight, that's why I asked in the first place cause Im used to working with cars and lorry trucks and specially in the latter nothing comes off without gas torch/long extension lever/ whacking the heck out of the wrench/ all of the above so I was a bit worried about how much punishment the adjuster can take in the sense that I'll know when it's just tight vs it's not gonna budge.. I guess common sense would be my best friend there... I do have those spring press screw things but they're for car springs so they are too big but I guess I could ease the pressure a little against the adjuster carefully with them too if need be...

Old 07-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

The name of the thread no longer serves it`s purpose as the front light thing has been buried now but my posts tend to be pretty pic heavy so figured better here than in the "what you`ve been doing" thread...

Manual CCT installed and adjusted, sorry Migge, no how-to coming as there already is a good one albeit the pics no longer work but it`s so easy any ham fisted oaf that can pick up a wrench can do it. Also on top, a RAM mount ball added into the frame pipe for the upcoming track day.

Two years of chain grease and road dust, the cavity was absolutely FULL. Took me a full bottle of brake cleaner and some proper scrubbing to get even most of it out.

Mmm shiny new parts... The front sprocket didn`t show almost any signs of wear which to me was odd apart from that it was very loose against the axel, the bolt was tight but there still was play in the sprocket. As seen here the rear sprocket on the other hand was due for replacement.

The old chain has seen some better days... no wonder it was rattling with the worn rear sprocket.

I`ve had the riveting kit for quite a while now but this was the first time I got to actually use it. The instructions provided were vague at best but once I figured out what all the tips and bits do it was a breeze. NEVER gonna even attempt doing this without a proper tool anymore!

Riveted exactly like a shop would do it only one little thing... When I ordered a RED chain, I didn`t exactly have THAT in mind! Had I known the chain actually is NEON red , almost PINK instead of dark red suitable for the bike I would have gone for the gold... It`s not AS pink in real life but still closer to, than dark red...

One of the bar end weights ordered from ebay had fallen off and the other one was only finger tight also so figured I`d give these a go, bought them a long time ago but never put them in any bike, I had to make a little mod with the washers and cut the rubber part cause once I tightened them the expanding rubber pushed them out, after I did this I managed to actually get them to pull themselves in.

New RAM mounts fitted for the camera. Got a third one with a suction cup to the front and a vest harness for POV videos.

Last edited by Mattson; 07-04-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:06 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice... when is the track day, and at what track?

Old 07-29-2014, 04:10 PM

August 6th. If all goes as planned there`s three of us going, me, my neighbor and one chap from work, planning to load all three bikes into my lorry to be used as a base of operations and a pit for possible repairs if need be, gonna take off early in the morning, spend all day at the track and when we get back have a big BBQ party at our backyard

Old 07-30-2014, 12:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Mattson, and I think it's a bold and strong statement of yours to have a pink chain, especially in Finland... I think I'll manage without a write up on the CCT. I managed to rebuild my front master cylinder yesterday and if I could do that I guess I could figure out the CCT. Quick question though: Did you turn the piston to TDC before you installed it or did you just remove the old one and put the new one in?

Old 07-30-2014, 02:48 AM

No need to find TDC, just remove the old and put the new one in (turn the screw out some first), finger tighten as far as you can with a straight face, start bike, if no rattle back it out until it starts to clatter, then tighten until it goes away plus half a turn, tighten the locking nut. Easy as pie.

Last edited by Mattson; 07-30-2014 at 02:57 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely written mate
Congrats on the pink Chain IMO not so bad Could be like really neon really eye catching, Its okay after few rides

Glad you have found some time to deal with your bike.
Nice to see development

Old 07-30-2014, 03:35 AM

IT'S NOT PINK!!!

Oh by the way some chap called from some pride organisation or something... He said it would be soooo fabulous if they could borrow the bike for some parade, I didn't hear all as he was hissing the s:es so much...

Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That circuit looks very interesting - have you been "boning up" by watching onboard lap videos, so that you're going in with a little track knowledge?

Old 07-30-2014, 10:48 AM

I have but probly not enough. It's one of the oldest race tracks around here and seen quite a lot of action. I've been there in a swap meet but never on the track. Probly gonna do more of that closer to the event. Planning to go for a little night ride tonight when others go to bed, the temps have been close or at 30c round here which to me is a little too much, a cooling little ride would be nice. promised to rise to 35 with thunderstorms next week, hoping it wouldn't rain at wednesday...

Quick Reply: Project: CyBoRg (pic heavy)