CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Post 1.. look at my cbr, post 2.. i wrecked it!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Post 1.. look at my cbr, post 2.. i wrecked it!!

Your best bet at this point cost wise would be to street-fighter it. Just get a headlight and make a mount for the front. Get rid of what little crappy plastics are left and ride it like she is till you can afford plastics. Just get the essentials for now. Gauges (veypor could replace it if you need), pegs, brake stuff. whatever. Thats what I would do personally.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just found this. Its super cheap for the entire from piece. Wondering if it is the entire front or what.

http://www.hyperformanceparts.com/ca...ducts_id=28403

If so I will probably order one for myself.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:05 PM

sweet!

i was watching the guage cage on ebay.. but there was only 1 and now its gone.. been looking at what guages i could swap out too.. and i see the f4i are digital.. and no one has done it and posted it online yet.. what can i do about that damn gauge cage?..

i rode it today.. got it up to 50 just cruising down a main road to see if there was any shaking, or if anything was wrong with the motor. all seemed well...

how would i be able to tell if there was any frame damage? i see none visually

Old 02-19-2007, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: keithacole

f3 right fairings, f3 headlight assembly, f3 upper fairings, brake lever, pegs, gauge cluster..and FRAME SLIDERS!!!!

(f3 stuff because thats whats on there already)
I am with Abadfish.

Too many people from my other forums would disagree with me on this one. But I have been riding for *gulp* 17 years now, and can assure you that 600s shouldn't be taken lightly.

Anyway...

Sharskinz make good products. If you are patient enough to check eBay daily you can put the bike back together for under $700. That upper is a great find. Used fairing stays are about $100, a new headlight is around $225 (used ones can run as high as $100 or as low as $40), the rear brake lever will run you about $20, and the right fairings will cost you at least $50 for the lower and $50 for the access door.

When you put your frame sliders in keep in mind that they (or you) will have to drill the fairings so they can be mounted.

Sorry to hear about your luck.

Oh and make sure you didn't tweak the front end or subframe.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:13 PM

Oh and don't forget the windscreen, mirrors, fuse box door, master brake cylinder etc. Make a good list before you start buying stuff. It's cold and you have some time till Spring hits.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 AM

u need to STOP RIDING IMEDIATELY. not being mean, itz just some things that have to be said to beginner riders that must be made clear! itz a shame. by the way if u grabed the brakes u would fly forward hence rolling throtle in close position, so u must have really cracked it and held on huh. i agree with a;; previous post. however i dont think a 600 is too much. the issue here is that u dont respect the machine and itz capabilities, and if u dont respect any machine, or device no matter how small, it has the potential to **** u up. even a pair of scissors. u need to go back...way back to the basics. being comfortable..payin attention, ready for unexpected events, doesnt hurt to kno how to pull in clutch in the event the throtle gets open unintentionally. find some 1 to teach u the basics quickly. you dont wanna be one of those folks who has a dif bike every year because they keep crashin the previous 1 because they cant ride for crap. glad ur ok. respect the machine, and kno how to anticipate stuff. not to mention throtle control, so many mistakes here.ok folkz. im dont with the rant

Old 02-20-2007, 03:03 PM

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...0F31995-96.htm check that out... if it works.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:50 PM

I would suggest an MSF class to get a brush up on riding.. i did one last year, I didnt think that I needed it but it was well worth it..

Old 02-20-2007, 09:22 PM

wow dude....i was gonna start on a 600....i'm rethinkin again....but at the same time i'm level headed with with a lotta respect for the machine...i'm glad u shared this with us...can learn a lot from this....
well the most important part is that u're OK and hopefully learned what not to do...
all the best with rebuildin with the bike man...

Old 02-28-2007, 05:49 PM

update:

ive got all the hardware ready to put on.. now its just plastics to replace, and paint and DAYTONA HERE I COME.... had to get my hustle on and slap some things on craigslist and get rid of some of my car crap..

ive noticed that bikes fall on the right.. EBAY IS DRY for right side fairings

Quick Reply: Post 1.. look at my cbr, post 2.. i wrecked it!!