CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Petcock!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Petcock!?!?!

Once again thanks for the fast input, I did talk to my local dealer and they had the seats as well as the needles...but they charged over double what royaners is...maybe ill just email him and see if I overlooked it or something. As far as posting up what the results are, thats the least I could do. Thanks again

Old 05-10-2008, 01:29 PM

Ok so on ronayers, they have a diagram of the all the fuel tank components, which includes the petcock...but also it has a fuel pump, fuel filter, and all sorts of crap that I cant tell where it goes....and I do not have this on my bike.......my fuel line goes directly from my petcock into the carbs.....am I missing something? Oh and also the f2 petcock does have ON, OFF, and Reserve doesnt it? I was told that it has ON, OFF and Prime...im not sure which it is though...can somebody clairfy? thanks and heres the link to ronayers petcock diagram. http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...roup/FUEL_TANK

Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 PM

The F2 petcock has ON, OFF and Reserve and my fuel line goes right from the tank to the carbs. I dont believe these bikes need fuel pumps, a filter wouldnt be a bad idea though.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Dj_Squatch

Ok so on ronayers, they have a diagram of the all the fuel tank components, which includes the petcock...but also it has a fuel pump, fuel filter, and all sorts of crap that I cant tell where it goes....and I do not have this on my bike http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/...roup/FUEL_TANK
The stuff you see on that page that you don't recognize is the petcock and fuel pump assembly for an F3. I think this attached image is what you you are reffering too.I have no idea why they have it on the F2 page unless maybe some very late F2's had a fuel pump.I have never of heard of this though.

Old 05-11-2008, 01:09 AM

Yeah thats it......wow scared me! Anyway I pulled the carbs off earlier, and will order the stuff tomorrow. Again thanks for the help.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm going to hijack this thread a little in hopes of solving a related problem.

Looks like I have the same problem on my 89 CBR600 so am going to be ordering float valve needle sets. However, I have one other problem. A small screw in valve that goes into the top of the carburetor from the side. Each carb has one. I am thinking it might be an air mixture screw, but it doesn't show up in any of the exploded diagrams that I can find. I managed to screw one up by breaking off the little fins that the screwdriver turns in, and then managed to bend the tiny needle tip on the screw.

Anyone know what this is called and where I might find it other than visiting the (bad word) Honda shop in my town?

Old 08-24-2009, 06:21 PM

try the local salvage yard... might be able to find the right screw off a similar set of honda carbs.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:07 PM

i had the same problem, went threw 3 petcocks. then i tried to put a cap on the petckock backside where the fuel was leaking and I have not had a problem since!

Old 08-27-2009, 11:28 PM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rnora1
i had the same problem, went threw 3 petcocks. then i tried to put a cap on the petckock backside where the fuel was leaking and I have not had a problem since!

that just sounds wierd

Old 08-28-2009, 03:30 PM

You can strip the the threads on the tank side, too. That would make petcock replacement ineffective.

Quick Reply: Petcock!?!?!