CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Opinion* should I repaint my bike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion* should I repaint my bike?

I finally have enough money to repaint my bike after my accident on x-mas. 1/2 the people want me to repaint it, the other 1/2 either can't tell it's been in an accident for some reason or say to wait till I wanna sell it; or till I have another accident (kinda pissed off on that last one). What do you think. I can either repaint my bike and replace the broken fairing, or get a laptop for school.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:37 AM
Default RE: Opinion* should I repaint my bike?

first of all... NICE bike. that's my favorite color on the F2's secondly, just from the pic i can tell it's been in some sort of accident. people telling you they can't tell are either crazy or just being nice to you i'd get it fixed instead of the laptop. you can always use the computers at school right?

Old 03-16-2006, 09:46 AM

Pshh!! Who needs school? J/k

What you do is totally up to you. If you can ride with the bike looking like it does, i say go for the computer, but, if you want the bike to look bada$$, paint it. If you're gonna replace plastics, look on ebay!! I saved myself over $900 on buying used plastics rather than my repair shop replacing them with "new" plastics.

You just gotta set your priorities. Computer? Or, paint the bike?

I would paint the bike, but, that's just me[8D]

Tylor

Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM

ok, that's 2 for paint the bike. It doesn't bother me awhole lot, but my bike gets me the girls, so...
should I repaint to a different color, or just try to match the original scheme and maker it more modern? I've never gotten more than 2 people to agree here. I want either the stock look, pure dark red, black, or something like jeepers but with red instead of blue. Again I 'm lookin for opinions.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:10 PM

Fix it or paint it, if you can't get chicks with out the bike.......lol

If you can then don't bother if you don't mind it right now.
[&:]

Old 03-16-2006, 02:53 PM

i'd keep it stock. even though it'll be "stock" colors it's still pretty rare. i haven't seen one like yours in years where i'm at. just my opinion

Old 03-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would paint the bike, those are bada$$ stock colors though, my '87 has been spray painted before, so i am about to paint it to match the scheme on the '06 600RR(red and black). give an old school bike a new school paintjob.

Old 03-16-2006, 04:40 PM

i love that paint on the f2s i would just look on ebay for the matching fairings. unless you wanted to have a totally custom look. in that case paint it, but please have a pro do it. there are to many older bike running around with bad paint jobs. i got a local paint shop to put a awesome paint job on my bike for 400.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:20 PM

The elusive upper right fairing is what's getting me. I like the stock look, but I also wouldn't mind going with a custom paint job. In my color scheme a used right upper cost close to $200-250, and the lower costs around $150 off ebay, plus the tail ($70). The guy I talked to quoted me $350 for paint and bodywork if I replace the upper. I can get a 1 piece upper for $199 and turn around and sell my left upper for $150. So it's gonna cost $420-470 for stock look, and probably $400 for a custom color, more if I put decals on. I could really go either way, the only thing is I've seen 1 right upper that matched since x-mas on ebay and I don't know when the next one will show up.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:23 PM

ok, I might have found a right upper. Will a 95' F3 right upper fit flush with the rest of my 93' F2 plastics? It has 1 crack, but I'm sure it's worth it to repair since he's selling it for $25! I think this has been awnsered here or on cbrworld.net, but I can't find it.

Quick Reply: Opinion* should I repaint my bike?