CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

No Go! Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Go! Help Please!

So its 1:30 in the morning and I just stopped messing with my bike. It's a 91 600 F2. I have a guy coming to look at buying it and the thing wont start. I had this problem last week and I pulled the plugs and cleaned them and it fired right up. Thing is, the plugs dont look bad. They were a little wet from fuel but I think I may have had a little too much throttle to start off with. So anyway, I go to start it tonight just to make sure things are good for tomorow, and it started for a couple of seconds and then shut off. The choke was on, it's warm in the garage but I always use it. So I try again and nothing just a few pops. Followed by more trying. So I pull the plugs again. Clean them, once again I didn't think they looked too bad. Put them back in try it and nothing. Just more pops. More backfires. So I try seeing if it has spark. From what I see there isnt any. I've never had this problem before. It usually always starts first time no problem. Only thing I've replaced so far is the R/R. No problems since. Any Ideas? Stator? Would a stator go this fast?Like I said this never has happened until just about 2 weeks ago. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks Adam

Old 12-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Default RE: No Go! Help Please!

if your plugs are coming out wet then it sounds like a fluiding problem...which doesnt sound normal with these engines at all!
I would put the choke all the way off for a little bit and then half way...you might be putting in to much fuel just my two cents.

Old 12-17-2008, 04:19 AM

ORIGINAL: thoroxin

if your plugs are coming out wet then it sounds like a fluiding problem...which doesnt sound normal with these engines at all!
I would put the choke all the way off for a little bit and then half way...you might be putting in to much fuel just my two cents.
+1

Also even tho plugs look good doesnt always been they are.even if you got spark coming from them doesnt mean there good (dont ask me how i know).your asking about the Stator and such.Check your coils ground them to something see if they spark.If they do i would pull all plugs.with the plugs out crank it a few times to blow whatever gas may be in there out clean plugs put them back in and try again..try without choke first if not try half way..Also make sure your battery is FULLY charger that will also make it harder to start.With all the cranking it seems like you've done without it starting good chance you drained some of it..good luck..report back with the details

Old 12-17-2008, 11:27 AM

+1 to you too
I was going to state to pull the plugs out and turn it over but he never replied to as if it worked or not...
And for the stator....I hate electronics to the xtreme!

Old 12-18-2008, 06:04 PM

Yeah So I pulled them again and cleaned them. Put em' back in and it just barely wants to start, and then sounds like it is flooding and pops and backfires. I had the battery fully charged too. Any suggestions? I got ahold of 2 new plugs but the dealer wouldnt order a new box because he said it wasnt worth his time. Thanks Adam

Old 12-18-2008, 06:18 PM

I got NGK plugs from Oreilys, they had to order and it only took 1 day..

Old 12-18-2008, 07:23 PM

Try drain your battery out a little and switch the plugs for sure!

Old 12-19-2008, 09:10 PM

Tell the dealer that doesn't carry the plugs to eat a bag of dicks and take your business elsewhere. Firstly, you probably need to replace all of them now that they've gotten wet a few times. A trick I used when I had a flooding problem was taking all the plugs out and heating the electrodes up with a propane torch. Just to the point where they'd barely start to glow red. That pretty well burned off any crap that had been absorbed.
Try laying off the choke. If you are getting too much gas then you may need to open the throttle some to get some air in there. If the problem is severe enough you may need to replace the float needles or clear out your jets or both.

thoroxin. drain your battery out a little? Are...you...serious?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:03 AM

It wants to start about half. Itfires a little but not enough to get it going.I just find it hard to beleive that there is any problems with the carbs. I haven't ever had problems with it. Usually just choke it and crank and it fires right up. I thought maybe there was a float stuck or somthing so I tapped the carbs real easy with a rubber hammer but it didn't do the trick. I'm hoping the plugs are just bad. The first time it happened I choked it and it was in my warm garage. It started and shut back off. Sometimes I have to give it a little gas right after it fires then its good. So I tried again and gave some throttle first and I think maybe thats when I soaked the plugs but, I'm not really sure. I just need to get that thing going because I'm going to trade it for a vehicle because my car blew up and it'll be a while till I put the motor back together. [:@]I'm mostly just pissed about only getting 2 plugs. I just wanted 4 to solve the problem and get rid of it. I'd go to Oreilys but I've never even seen one before. I live in the sticks. Closet place for plugs is 35 minutes. Thanks Adam

Old 12-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

connect a car battery to your battery (with the car OFF) and see if that starts it. sometimes the battery doesn't have not enough juice to fire up. also make sure you get the right plugs (NGK) I got some pos duplicate ones from autozone and they were crap.