CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

new motor in, but not starting

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new motor in, but not starting

I just recently picked up a 91 f2 to use for stunting, it came with an extra motor. I just pulled the motor yesterday and installed the n ew one, filled it up with fluids, went throught the carbs and cleaned them. Had the battery on a battery tener for a couple of days. Plugs and wires and coils are fine. Reinstalled the carbs and hooked upall the wires besides the one that comes from the stator cover (inside of it). It has three yellow wires in the connector. I solidered the three wires together and the bike just made a sparking sound from around the battery. the motor didnt turn or anything. I kept trying to wire it so it would start but it didnt even make that sparking sound from the battery anymore.. When i try to start it the lights from the gauge cluster dim but nothing happens. I will check the grounds and the power supply once again, but after that where else does my troubleshooting send me? thanks for the help!

Old 11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Default RE: new motor in, but not starting

I would say a ground wire after reading that. just a matter of finding it. [:@]

Old 11-09-2006, 06:16 PM

Why did you solder all 3 yellow wires???

Old 11-10-2006, 12:10 AM

i had to connect those wires becaue the previous motor was like that, and when i went to reinstall the motor i had do that cause i didnt have the other side of the connector. i will check the ground and make sure eveyrthing is fine with that. i also checked and replaced all fuses.

Old 11-10-2006, 02:01 AM

what you need, more than our opinions in this case, is a good wiring diagram. those 3 wires you soldered together are supposed to go to SOMETHING, and I'm betting that may be part of if not your whole problem.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:15 PM

ok i got the wiring diagram and put them where they needed to go, now all its doing is clicking from the starter relay, its not turning the motor over at all? checked the ground to the starter and its good, check the ground to the battery and its good, what do i do next? the fuse in the starter relay is good, should i get a different starter relay and see if thats the problem?

Old 11-11-2006, 11:48 PM

no, now you should charge your battery. usually if you're just getting a clicking sound from the relay but the motor not turning over the battery doesnt have enough power to spin the starter even.

Old 11-12-2006, 02:40 PM

ill get a new battery today and see if thats the problem, ill let you know the result

Old 11-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Banned

Have you at least tried popping the clutch to make sure the engine has compression and will turn and start?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:03 PM

ok got the new battery and that was the prob. the motor is turning now and everything is good, i just need to find some fuel hose diagrams to find out where everything goes for the tank, and i need to find out where the three outlets on top of the carbs go (the two small ones and the big one in the middle). also the bike doesnt seem to go into neutral, it doesnt pop on the light and everytime i start it, the wheel turns, i know it will turn even with it in neutral, but there is alot of force on there so i know its in gear, there is oil in there and everything and the clutch leaver fells very loose. also the shifter leaver kicks down but doesnt sound like it ever stops just keeps downshifting, and the other thing is that when you shift up the leaver goes all the way up and almost flips around.

Quick Reply: new motor in, but not starting