CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

New to forum.Question about 94 cbr fi2

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to forum.Question about 94 cbr fi2

Hello everyone im new to this forum been floating around for awhile.Love to read up on new things been hearing alot about the cbr's.Finaly got a good deal on one.But here are my questions first its a 94 honda cbr fi2.body wise still looks real good.But back in 99-00 this guy hit a deer with the bike he doesnt remember much on how it landed or anything but its been sitting ever since he said the last time he had it started was in 2002.gas tank shows no rust.the only thing really needed on this bike is it needs front foot pegs.But my question really is.For a bike sitting that long.what will it take for that to start again.From a bike sitting could it have done anythingfor the gas present the whole time.the bikes been sitting in a heated garage all this time.but once again looking at what the advanages are of getting it started..I tried cranking it over for a second to see how it cranks Cranks over REALLY good and sounds strong only did it for a SPLIT second.Didnt want that stale gas to suck threw the system...so what are some things i should deffinitly look over when i get it.besides the carbs.only thing thats really noticable on bike from the accident is the one side cover on the bike is scratched up..thanks again everyone..Also the guy gave me extra Peices mainly body peices.I need 2 front foot pegs anyone wanna trade?Also is there a manual anywhere for the bike to download?

Old 11-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: New to forum.Question about 94 cbr fi2

How many miles on the bike?

Drain the tank and replace the gas

Clean the carbs (they're gonna be ****ed)

Replace the battery (unless he has kept it on a tender?)

Change the oil and filter

Check the air filter

Check the brake pads, and bleed the brake lines

Check the forks and make sure they're not bent (hit a deer) then check the fork seals

Check the plugs and plug wires, replace if they're really old

Get new tires***
Do not try to ride on that 8 year old rubber

Check the wiring harness over, make sure no rats have chewed it up or anything

Probably want to check the wheel and suspension bearings, they could be seized up by now.

You'll want to check the whole bike over to make sure it's safe, I would leave no stone un-turned with my *** on the line!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Hershey

How many miles on the bike?

Drain the tank and replace the gas

Clean the carbs (they're gonna be ****ed)

Replace the battery (unless he has kept it on a tender?)

Change the oil and filter

Check the air filter

Check the brake pads, and bleed the brake lines

Check the forks and make sure they're not bent (hit a deer) then check the fork seals

Check the plugs and plug wires, replace if they're really old

Get new tires***
Do not try to ride on that 8 year old rubber

Check the wiring harness over, make sure no rats have chewed it up or anything

Probably want to check the wheel and suspension bearings, they could be seized up by now.

You'll want to check the whole bike over to make sure it's safe, I would leave no stone un-turned with my *** on the line!

Wow thanks for all that great Advice.11,000 on the bike.last inspected was 99 wire harness All wireing looks FAWLEESS GREAT!Fork seals didnt seem to be leaking but that was my first thing checking if the forks were bent.How do i check and see if they are they dont see to me.how do i check the Wheel and suspension bearings?needs a new battery.draining the gas tonight and taken the carbs out.oil and filter i know will need to be changed.its a shame to.Brand new tires on there before it was crashed still have nipples on them.So your saying that they wont be good no more?(they do need air from sitting).im not a beginner rider nor am i that new with Doing some maintaince on bikes.But this is my first honda and my second carburated bike..Also with the plug.I tried just getting the plug out of the first cylinder whats the best way to get the plug out.Use an extension with a universal joint? how does everyone else do it.Note that i still have the gas tank on.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:01 PM

Also i noticed when i pull the throttle back it doesnt return.Could it be the adjustment on the carbs?.i can pull it but it doesnt return.On my 93 gsxr 750 it had carbs.And it had a return cable and a pull cable.are the CBR's the same way?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)

Yes,, they have a return cable and pull cable, also on my bike it does the same thing except when its on it snaps back nicely.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 PM

O so your saying that it could be just becuz the bike isnt running?.by the way the guy i got the bike from was the original owner and the gas Tank wasnt even taken off this bike before tonight.its one of them things you can just tell.But again on the spark plug.what is the best way to get it out?its hard to get in there with an extension and socket.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 PM

Can someone verifie something for me..Pulled the tank off i got 2 vent lines going from my gas tank to vent at the bottom..And i got one line going from my petcock to my carbs.Is that correct?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 PM

Yep, that should be correct. You should also have a vacuum hose going from the motor just ahead of the number one carb going to the petcock attached to the gas tank.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:21 PM

yep that gas has been sitin in the float bowls the whole time anyway so u should pullem and clean the shiz outta them plugs should be easy once the carbs are off but if u wanna avoid that pull the radiator and go from the front.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 AM

ok im down to the carbs now.where to start..looks hard as **** once i take the throttle cables off its gonna be a PAIN! in the *** to get back on i see it now.Can anyone give me a step by step or point me to one about getting these carbs off? and back on?But dam once i get the air filter off it was BLACK!!..i can tell it was never changed from the original owner.it still was the ORIGINAL AIR FILTER!!..i had to i guess you can say break the seal to get the air filter off..even the gas tank was NEVER removed.its just one of them things you can just tell.By the way after looking some of the extra parts the guy gave me.I got some extra body parts.Anyone got 2 front foot pegs there willing to give up?trade maybe?

Quick Reply: New to forum.Question about 94 cbr fi2