CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

NEED Help, F2 wiring....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED Help, F2 wiring....

Could someone, anyone please take 10 minutes of your time to help me. (i will beg if needed)

I am trying to wire up flush mounts on my 93 F2. front and rear. (disclaimer: i know squat about amps, ohms, volts etc.)

Can anyone with an F2 pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease take a picture of their wiring, front and rear and email it to me, or post them here. Or atleast let me know what color wires are postive and negative. I am ripping my hair out.

The front are standard Lockhart Phillips, the rear are Bikemaster short stalks if that matters.

thank you a million times in advance.

nick

Old 04-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Default RE: NEED Help, F2 wiring....

Technically, a light bulb does not care which way the electricity flows. A light bulb is one of the VERY FEW places polarity does not matter. If you are not wiring up a three wire setup it will not matter but if you have three wires you can use a multimeter if you know someone that has one. If it is a digital meter you should select the mode that looks sort of like .)))) (a dot that looks like it has waves coming off of it) and then take one end and place it on an engine mount bolt and the other end to each one of the wires. When you hear a beep or the display changes to numbers from "OL" you have found the ground/negative wire. Then you put the BLACK lead on the engine bolt again and select the mode that says "VDC" or has a "V" with a solid bar with dots under it. That is the mode for VOLTS DIRECT CURRENT which is what your bike works on. Once you have the black lead on the mount bolt turn the bike on (not started) and put the RED lead to each of the other two wires the wire with a constant 12 or so volts would be the running/tail light and the other wire should show power when you hit the brake lever. The wire that shows voltage only when the brake lever is pushed is of course the brake light.

If the light itself has three wires the negative will PROBABLY be black. Hook the ground wire from the bike to the light ground on the light assembly and the other two wires will not damage anything if they are hooked up incorrectly so just hook them up until the light gets brighter when you push the brake lever.

T

Old 04-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Default RE: NEED Help, F2 wiring....

Awesome, thanks T.