CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My NEW F2 mod log!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My NEW F2 mod log!

So, after buying my 250r I have kind of switched directions. Where as before I was trying to get my 600 on the road and ready to ride...now I'm going to take it all down and rebuild it. Give it a good go through and a clean bill of health. As I am not exactly sure how many miles were on it, and don't know how the previous owners treated the bike.

So, I've got to do this slowly (college kid haha) but I've got time to work on it every few days for a few hours maybe. I've got a few cool ideas...but I just want to start with an engine and transmission rebuild.

As for the asthetics...I'm thinking I might do a new version of a streetfighter. Mainly because I don't want to do a fairing update because the work involved might as well go into something unique. I will have a good CNC machine and full shop to use so I can make parts for this bike if needed.

I realllllly like the look of mesh for some reason. I just think it looks different and cool. So that being said I think there will be a lot of it included on this bike, nothing over the top...but just some cool stuff.

I want to put a split seat on it, maybe an f4i split, but I also might do something like a new 600rr. Haven't completely decided on that yet (like other things).

I'll install a set of Vapor Trail Tech gauges because they're easy to install from the looks of it, and they're pretty low profile which is going to go well for this bike when it's done I think.

I'm sure I'll have more to post soon, still thinking about what I want to do.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a good set of mods to me! Let me know on how the trail tech vapor goes for you! I'm trying to swap out my stock F2 gauge cluster for the low profile vapor. However, I'm not completely ready to take the plunge yet...Not so good with wiring hehe.