CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   My F2 Story (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/my-f2-story-155713/)

RoyceXXX 03-21-2017 08:21 AM

My F2 Story

Hey what's happening people. Here's my CBR story.

So I sold my car and I got a 93 CBR F2 from a coworker. Pretty decent when I first got it just needed the front forks rebuilt, a new starter and chain. Ok changed the starter myself easy. Took it to the shop for forks. Changed the chain but it's a like two links too long and a bit loose.
This was my first motorcycle and first time riding as well. Pictures ok the first two is how it looked when I first got no accident. Time for the first accident. The girl I was dating at the time had a huge like lifted suburban, one day I came to visit her and parked behind the beast of that started it all. Her being the pretty girl she was she was always late, always in a rush. I mean you can tell where this is going. She backing into the still unnamed beautiful motorcycle I just got a week before. It bent the front stay mount and just looked pushed in. That's one. Here come the second one. Me being a new rider and no friends in the community I failed to get frame sliders (still don't have a damn pair). So about three months of riding, I took a corner with too much confidence failing to look at the huge oil spill right in the apex of my turn. :icon_iamwithstupid: I had pictures but then deleted them after a week of shame. My right side fairings were scratched but still all attached. I still kept riding, in pain and bleeding.(just for another 10 minutes though.) Time for accident three. Hahaha ok so a couple more months go by now and I should've learned to get some sliders, but nah of course not I rather go eat out a bunch with friends I just met that also ride. So while leave my sisters house heading home one nite and I'm heading onto a curved freeway on ramp and a car come super close and pass me and I hit the sand between the freeway and on ramp that little triangle and fell right there. That's where I broke the upper right fairing and mirror along with the right driver peg. Somehow I'm able to make it home. Rip all the fairings off and say hello to a naked bike project lol jk I planned to fix. Till one day I'm over visiting a buddy at his shop and while I'm in the parking lot waiting to take off a car backs into me pretty hard and I go down. That damaged the right peg I had to replace, the radiator got pushed over a bit and the cap damaged. Broke my front mud flap fairing thing and did some damages to the right end side. The pictures are how it is to date.

Hawkwind2016 03-21-2017 04:42 PM

A sad story, I'm surprised there's any bike left!

RoyceXXX 03-22-2017 09:35 AM

Yes bit a long and sad story but it's still running and I'm still riding.

RoyceXXX 03-22-2017 11:21 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Attachment 26067Attachment 26074Attachment 26070Attachment 26073Attachment 26071Attachment 26068Attachment 26072

asbjones 05-11-2017 10:29 AM

Dude, you gotta take the safety course, they teach it these days in most cities, you will learn stuff that will keep you safe and alive, look into it asap! There are lots of things they will teach you that you won't learn or even think of just riding on your own!

RoyceXXX 02-17-2018 01:43 PM

smokinjoef2 02-17-2018 02:40 PM

Good looking bike. The MSF courses are great, just did one a month ago. I'll do it again, I'd like to go again this time on my F2.