CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My CBR mods!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm when u got some pics of that in the extra share it.. it's a good ideia i could use that lol

if you want some tips in fiber glassing i will be glad to help you

Old 06-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm, the turn signal idea wasn't bad. I am using an integrated tail but I may keep that in mind. I'm still looking for an f4i front end .as I would like to do that next.

As for the year of the tail, its from an 06 . An old family friend is going to paint it black for me in a couple weeks. He said he is going to put on 5 to 6 coats of gloss clear coat on . Seems Like a lot to me but the more the merrier I suppose. He has been painting forever now. He offered to let me do it but I've never used a spray gun before and I would rather it turn out right the first go around.

I should be doing some more work on it later this week, so ill have more pics of the rear end bracket then. If anyone can tell me what the different color wires are for that come out of the tail wiring bundle, that would really speed up my build by the way. Thank you

Hopefully ill have it ready to ride for this weekend. I want to go out with my brother and his ducati for a nice casual ride. It's been a while.since I have had someone to ride with.

Last edited by goatxxmastr; 06-04-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:25 PM

Damn, no more replys. I like hearing from you guys

Old 06-05-2012, 12:07 AM

Tomorrow I will try to remember to take a look at my Clymer manual and see what the wires are. I know a few of them...but not the rest off the top of my head. I will look tomorrow for you.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 AM

Hmm, not much activity on the forum lately. Well, the rear bracket for the passenger seat finally came in yesterday. Im not doing any overtime this weekend so hopefully I can get this all put together. Hoping I will be able to get it ppainted soon. The Orange bugs me a little =\

Old 06-07-2012, 02:08 PM

So maybe I missed it ot overlooked where you gave details but other than some bracket modification the 600rr tail will swap out without any subframe work?

Id like to change over my f2 to a split seat for a more modern look but I want to do as little modification as possible.. everywhere I look online people say you have to cutoff the rear subframe

Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 PM

Lol. i had the same problem. So far, I have neither cut, drilled, or welded my frame . Just used existing holes

Old 06-09-2012, 02:36 PM

Wiring...

Sb (can't find the color, but I have a light blue wire on mine, so I assume it's sky blue or something?) and Dark Green go to the right rear turn signal.

Green/Yellow and Dark Green and brown go to the tail light.

Dark Green and Brown go to the license plate light.

Orange and Dark Green go to the left rear turn signal.

Sorry it took a day or two, hope the info helps. If you need more wiring shoot me a PM.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:17 AM

Thanks bud! You posted that just on time. I hooked my tail light up today and that made it real simple! The tail is about complete now . I still have to make one more bracket to raise the fairing up just a little and to allow it to support a passenger in the back. But that one bracket isn't neccesary to ride and it was getting late. I'm going to finish it Jo this week then take pics of all the brackets. Were going to throw a quick coat of hammerite over all the steel brackets so they don't rust and I'm sending my tail to a buddy to get painted.

So...sorry there are no new pics this weekend, but look forward to some this week! And you can all laugh at some of the ways I pieced this thing together, though I think i may be the first one that is confident that his will hold a passenger no problem .

On a side note, I found that my spring had been set to the hardest setting all along, so I softened it up a little. Anyone know roughly how soft it should be or is it all just rider preference? Remember, I have been riding it the last 8 months on the hardest setting I guess so i dont know what softening it up does... =\

Old 06-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Registered Users

55 $ ?? got more? lol

Good

Quick Reply: My CBR mods!