CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My CBR F2 '92

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 PM
evz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CBR F2 '92

Hey Guys, posted in the welcome forum, but heres my 92 F2... if you have heart problems, please dont read the milage.... coming in 3...2...1....
90k km... or approx 55k mi

I took a look at it and took some stuff off here and there, from what i've seen theres been atleast 6 owners, but heres what i do know about it right now:
- new tires, full tread, and fluids.
- Plastic looks OEM, but some of the fairings are scuffed and someone sprayed the top in black, and darkened the front turn signals as well (who ever spray painted it managed to get the red kill switch partially covered :@)

unfortunately for me, being young and naive and impulse shopper, and not knowing any better, I jumped the gun and bought it after two days of seeing it, as it was within my budged, so please hold on to your hearts again - as i paid 2.5k cad for it, again a rip for the milage, BUT having riden it, seems like the engine is in perfect condition, and the clutch cable needs some adjustment.

so heres the photos:

(note silly stickers are from previous owner..... will be coming off with new fairings)

so today i've prepped it for winter lightly, made sure everything is fresh and ready to go, took out the battery, and put it up on stands. Also took out the rear rails for the passenger pegs, and i feel like it really cleans up the look. Since the previous owner put a short M4 exhaust, who ever installed it, welded it directly, which i dont particularly like , i'm kind of fond of a yoshimura exhaust, but i'd have to get it professionally installed, or cut the M4 off and find a way to clamp the yoshi on, but thats $500 i dont want to spend yet.

Will also look to purchase glossy black fairings and install, also got those sexy mirrors JNS put on his F2, which will be installed in the spring when the bike comes out of storage. Also have some derlin sliders for protection, which will be installed with the new fairings.

Other notes - havent done anything preformance related to the bike, as I'd like to put a riding season behind it before i mess with it anyway, will keep this updated when i add more stuff to it

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Really nice and clean! i also have no rear pegs, i think it looks better without.
Nice Bike!!!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 PM

very nice!!! i too will be workin on my 94 f2 when ever the weather decides to freeze... my bike also came with crazy short and loud muffler rite off that same area but lucked out and was just clamped on... temp stock thrown back on and shooting for a crazy ducati shotgun dual look maybe...

Old 11-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice ride, don`t be spooked bout the km:s, these things are tanks. I got bout 103k on mine and the only thing that gives it off is the worn tranny that rattles a bit on acceleration and downshifting aint always exactly fluid...

Might wanna put in your profile where you`re hailing from, but from the CAD:s I`m assuming Canada?

Also chucked my rear pegs, mostly cause they were in the way of my...large-ish muffler but it did clean the rear up too.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evz
...(note silly stickers are from previous owner..... will be coming off with new fairings)...
Well, it's true, $2,500 is a touch high, considering a pristine example books for about $2,300, if I remember correctly, but at least it looks like it's been possibly well cared for! Having six owners is quite a list, so hopefully all 6 took good care of it - we know at least one of them was/is a moron, in that they applied a Honda car decal to the tail!

Like Mattson said, those mileage figures aren't scary necessarily, though a little high for what you paid... if the bike's been properly maintained, though, you'll get plenty more out of it, for sure.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:26 PM

I paid £860 GBP for mine, not sure what that translates to Canadian Dollar wise but it's a 93 and done 28 thousand miles, course I've had it since April so it's up to 31 thou now. I really like it but i am soooo paranoid about every little thing I notice, like a tappety noise when it's just started after having stopped for about ten minutes, and the throttle seems to move a few millimeters before it actually starts to give it gas, you know silly things that probably aren't anything and were probably always there I just never noticed them. But I love it as a bike, nice to ride but my can is a bit loud and sometimes sounds a bit rough. It was a cheap Hawk exhaust which the previous owner gave me to replace the Nexus can which had a hole in it. Any way, I like your bike and if you are mechanically minded you will make a real beauty as it's already rather tasty.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:26 AM
evz

Thanks guys, so far the bike seems alright, although its hard to test it outside of riding in the neighbourhood, as I have to wait until spring time to get insurance, otherwise i'd be wasting 5 months of paying it... and lucky canadian that I am, its also quite pricy (cheapest I can get away with is $3k/year because I'm 22, and its a 600). Because of this fact, I have not been able to get used to the bike yet and actually try it out on the highway or anything of that sort, So I guess we'll see come spring time!

Old 11-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evz
(cheapest I can get away with is $3k/year because I'm 22, and its a 600).

Sweet [enter god here]!!! My insurance with benefits (centering? aka having all insurances in the same company, +being a member of UICR, age 27.) costs 329,95 EUR/year. Funny thing is it`s a little less than half of what my 125cc Cagivas cost each(lucky I just sold ´em, total waste of space...)

Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 PM
evz

yes the $$$$ for any insurance is alot... but i guess it will pay off in the free health care later in the season

Old 11-21-2012, 01:33 PM

93 GBP a year for me fully comp, I'm 35 though only had my license for five years