CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

My CBR 600 F2 - Still pretty clean

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CBR 600 F2 - Still pretty clean

So I've had this bike for over 3 years and I've never dropped or laid the bike down. But a few weeks ago while working in Oakland, Ca a guy in a camper decided to try and fit his camper into a spot that was way too small. Needless to say he hit my bike and dropped it. Once he realized this he got out, got my bike up, and left the scene. It wasn't until later that day that a construction worker told me about what happened.

So here are some pictures of the bike and the damage. I've been thinking about getting some aftermarket farings or even looking into a custom nose/headlight and tail faring from an F4i (just to give the bike some new life and a more modern look). I'm even considering getting some other modifications for the bike but I'n not too sure where to start. The bike is all stock. I know some will say just to buy a new bike, but I LOVE my F2. It's one tough *** bike and when well maintained it rides beautifully. So if anyone has any suggestions or advice let me know, I'm all ears. But please no comments about buying a new(er) bike. This F2 is like an old friend, and I'd never get rid of an old friend, not even for the world.

Name:  backleftview1.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  92.4 KB
Name:  frontlowerview.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  77.3 KB
Name:  frontview-1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  83.4 KB
Name:  tailpipedamage.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  60.1 KB
Name:  rightfenderdamage-1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  45.1 KB
Name:  frontrightdamage.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  56.7 KB

Last edited by John Shepherd; 08-02-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Welcome Crew
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in your boat. Well sorta, fiancee bought mine in a sad state. Ended up getting 03 RR fairings. In the process of redoing it now. Links in my SIG. Not too hard with the condition your bike is in.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by John Shepherd
So I've had this bike for over 3 years and I've never dropped or laid the bike down. But a few weeks ago while working in Oakland, Ca a guy in a camper decided to try and fit his camper into a spot that was way too small. Needless to say he hit my bike and dropped it. Once he realized this he got out, got my bike up, and left the scene. It wasn't until later that day that a construction worker told me about what happened.
OMG I would be soooo pissed. Sorry that your F2 got knocked over. I like the 2-tone paint.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well John, that royally sucks!

The damage could definitely be worse, for sure, but regardless, I would be soooooooo livid! Not so much because the incident occurred, though I would be a little irate just at the carelessness, and/or inability to operate one's own motor vehicle without causing damage to other's property, but mainly at the fact that the culprit just motored on after knocking your bike over!!

Anyway, as far as fixing things, there's OEM plastic, which is mega-pricey, then you have to paint, then apply the also mega-pricey OEM graphics... pretty much NOBODY ever does this.

The aftermarket fairing kits are mostly from China - they have their good and bad points, and are a touch inconsistent with regard to fit and finish.
I installed one of these Chinese fairing kits, and you can see a little bit about my experience with them, on my "Phase 1" thread, starting about 1/2 way down page 2 - later in the thread, I comment more on the various issues I had, and what was done to resolve them... you can do a forum search with the keywords "Hong Kong Fairings", and find other threads/posts as well.

Lastly, there's the installation of fairings from different, usually newer bike models, on the F2, and many have done this - it usually just requires custom work, and there's no real cookie cutter way to do it, as it varies from person to person - once again, if you search the forum for "fairing swap", or something of the like, you'll find quite a few examples of projects of this sort.

Good luck!

Old 08-13-2013, 12:49 PM

Damage is so minor... just patch it up and keep riding it.
The F2 isn't a show bike... it is a "tough *** bike" that now has a scar.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 PM
July 2013 ROTM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bently600
Damage is so minor... just patch it up and keep riding it.
The F2 isn't a show bike... it is a "tough *** bike" that now has a scar.
it sure is a tough *** bike its an F2.. and she is a great example of what an F2 should be and id say fix here the way she was...all oem...

Old 08-14-2013, 12:54 AM

Sorry to hear that some dumba** was so careless to damage u baby, may a paint shop can just repaint the damage and blend it in, well that's my two cents. Good luck with that

Old 08-26-2013, 02:34 PM

IMO A nice CF Yoshi exhaust would look really nice on it. Get rid of those scratches, add some eye candy and give her a new roar.