CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

More questions for Integrated taillight.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More questions for Integrated taillight.

Well I just got my light today and I was trying to figure out whats the deal with hooking it up. It only has one socket so I dont know if that is normal? My buddy and I figured it wasnt but since there are no instructions since it is supposed to be plug and play it would just work off of one socket? I read all the threads on the clear alternatives for the F2 and from what I saw nobody has any pictures of the intergrated tail/turnsignal taillight, all I saw was a picture of just the clear tail. I am not sure if that would still be the same, the only difference being the wires for the turnsignal?

4-7-08 I got the light wiring figured out, thanks to those who helped. Now my problem is trying to figure out what I am missing for actually installing the bracket to the frame? These are the two best pictures I could find and I am not sure if I need more than just the taillight bracket?

I dont have anything except for my frame. I had to buy the bracket so I figure it would just bolt on the last brace on the end of the frame? For some reason it doesnt want to fit so I dont know what it is supposed to have. I can take pictures if that would help anyone get an idea of what I am talking about. Thanks for the help, I would never have thought this bracket would be as difficult as its turning out to be.

Old 04-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Default RE: Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight troubleshooting.

Flash,
hey man not to sure about the f2, does it have two plugs for the light, or does it have the one main plug, then your turn signals share a plug and then they have seperate right and left wires? if you could post a pic of your intergrated light as well as the stock light and turns I will be glad to help you out...

Old 04-05-2008, 01:37 AM

https://cbrforum.com/m_497734/tm.htm

try look at this thread, when you get down to the post of mine with the pics look at those and see if it helps. if you still are having problems, post up some pics in the am and I will see what i can help you with....good luck Troy

Old 04-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Well I figure it will be easier if I just hard wire this light because it will be less work than buying a new light harness. I need to know what each wire will go to. Since the F2 wires I will use to connect are colors Brown, Green/Yellow, and Green I am not sure which will connect to the Red, Green, and black wires on the light. I have tested the lights from the bike and brown is always on so I would assume that would connect to the power wire on the light(I would assume red)? The Green wire on the bike never showed any power, so I would assume that is the ground? If that is the case than typically black wires are grounds so I would have to say that those would connect. Than the last wires are the Green/Yellow from the bike and the Green on the taillight so would it seem as though that is how these would be wired together?

Old 04-05-2008, 01:02 PM

from the picture you sent and the explanation I would say you are correct, then you will just need to connect those yellow wires to the blinkers to see which is which. but from what you wrote, it looks like it should work. now with that said....when i got my CA light the brake and the +12 lead were swapped so that may be some of the problem you are experiencing also..hope this helped, but it seems like you had it figured out already

Old 04-05-2008, 03:24 PM

Well it works! Thanks cletus for your input. Only the front brake lights up the tail. I am not to worried about it though. So if anyone gets this tail and decides to hardwire or has to like I did than here is the way the wires go together. I will type it from bike wires to taillight wires.

3 main wires:

Brown-Red
Green/Yellow-Green
Green-Black

For the turnsignals:

Orange-Left turn yellow
Light Blue-Right turn yellow.

I didnt use the resistors because I bought a LED flasher relay and it works perfectly. The resistors with this kit are very big and pretty heavy. I will post more pictures once I get my taillight bracket, and I still have to cut my fiberglass tail fairing since I have the cheetah racing fairings.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:24 PM

I have one of these kits on my bike. What I did was plug the light socket from the new tail light into the factory wires on my harness. Had to retrieve the harness from my old tailight. Plug the metal plug into the socket where the bulbs were. Had to go to autozone for male/female clips for the turn signals. took about 30 minutes to wire and put together.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 PM

ORIGINAL: radtechrider

I have one of these kits on my bike. What I did was plug the light socket from the new tail light into the factory wires on my harness. Had to retrieve the harness from my old tailight. Plug the metal plug into the socket where the bulbs were. Had to go to autozone for male/female clips for the turn signals. took about 30 minutes to wire and put together.
I would have done the same if I had the stock sockets. Problem was the guy I bought the bike from cut them, and there was not a stock rear taillight. So I had to improvise and at the time was not sure of which wires were associated with the led circuit board. I know it would have been alot simpler to have the stock sockets but at least this way nobody has to trouble shoot the wires.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:59 PM

AHHHHHHHHHH I see. Yes having stock wires did make it simpler. Glad you got it going.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Updated with new question in the original post.