CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Looking for a reliable place to buy new fairings

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a reliable place to buy new fairings

Hey I am new to the site and would like to first say hey to everyone! And I was also just wondering if anyone knew a reliable seller on eBay where I can get new fairings for my '91 CBR 600. Also non-ebay sites are good. I just want to give my bike a new look. Thanks for the help!

Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Old 03-21-2011, 01:45 AM

not on ebay no.. usually all are really trust worthy.. with paypal and everything.. but yea.. just take your luck with it.. thats all your really gonna get outta anyone else posting on here anyways.. so just pick the set you like and place an order..

Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Honestly - I think all the ebay fairing sellers are pulling out of the same factory or 2, and then selling from several different storefronts. Many of those ebay sellers say they will paint your fairings with whatever graphic you want, so if you don't see what you want, email them and they'll get back to you.

I haven't heard one horror story on here from people that have gotten the china fairings, other than some minor fitment issues here and there, which are to be expected with some of these sort of things. If you want a 100% OEM fit, then buy OEM for 4x the money, right?

If you want to deal with someone int he US - Might try Honda CBR Fairings - CBR 600RR/1000RR Fairings - CBRFairings.com - on newer bikes forums here they mention this place. Again - it looks to me like these guys are just importing the same Chinese fairing kits, doing quality checks on the product and then reselling. They don't advertise F2/F3 bodywork, but I bet they can get it.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:12 PM

also if you get the china fairings they come with a warranty that allows you to return them if broken or scratched up or blemished.. so its actually not that bad.. just that damn shipping price they charge..

Old 03-22-2011, 03:38 AM

ok thanks a ton guys! I actually kind of assumed most of the fairings came from the same place.... It only made sense. I think I am going to place my order here tomorrow. Also, I haven't ever done any real additional bike work and since I am now beginning to, I thought about getting some rim tape for an additional face lift. Can I get just any rim tape or do I need to get tape specific to the make and model of the bike?

Also this is the idea I had for my bike, I was wondering what people might think:
This fairing kit: For Honda CBR600 CBR600F F2 91-94 Fairing White H2118 - eBay (item 250775601100 end time Apr-18-11 22:06:15 PDT)

And I have white wheels and I was going to put blue rim tape on with a blue windshield

Old 03-22-2011, 05:31 AM

Nice fairing set, I think that the blue rim tape and windscreen would make that look sick! definitely post up some pics when you get it all done

Old 03-22-2011, 09:31 AM

Thanks I definitely will. But does anyone know whether or not I need to get tape specific to this rim or not? Also I have been looking for where I can get clear front signal lights. If someone could lead me in the right direction... That would be much much appreciated. I am not so good at finding things on the internet. Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:42 PM

I am working with a fairing company off of ebay right now they are making me a custom set but they have not shipped yet. the one I baught from was Selina_Moto. You can get clear blinkers from xdcycle.com

I am also pretty sure the rim tape is all pretty universal so it should not matter what you get.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:55 PM

ok for rim tape check out progrip rim tape i know motorcycle superstore has it it comes with a easy to use tool. other wise its a pain to get on right. now for the fairings check out custom cycle pros they have palstice for the f2's are r from the us. i dont have a f2 i have a f3 and i just got fairings from selena moto lets just say not happy at all they looked great off the bike but getting them to fit not even close. my bike has never been down so thats not a problem the mounts were to high or to low or pointing **** eyed basicly had to cut off the mounts and re do them all. no stock screws work each hole had to be made bigger to get stuff to come close to fitting. filled a claim and only got 65 bucks back. biggest thing that pissed me off was the gap by the headlight we spent 4 days on just the front end. i was ready to smash them if i had not sold the stock plastics these would of been in the trash. just dont leave no feedback till u got them on your bike and dont let your 45 days for pay pal run out it took like 28 days to get them and also the stock windscreen would not work with the new fairings with really made me mad also

Quick Reply: Looking for a reliable place to buy new fairings