CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Let's talk WHEELIES?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk WHEELIES?

I have a 1994 cbr 600 f2. It has a k&n air filter and a yoshimura rs3 pipe. What are the wheelie capabilities of this bike. I have ridden four wheelers and dirtbikes my whole life but haven't wanted to entertain the thought of pulling a wheelie at high speeds on tar. Is this bike able to pull it up just using the torque or must I be at high revs? What gear is optimal for the wheelie and how many gears will this bike wheelie through. Another concern of mine is bringing the wheel back down, if it slams will I lose control. I am going to keep the front end down for now but just testing the waters.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Default RE: Let's talk WHEELIES?

I heard the f2's back in the day were the stunt bikes... so I guess they're okay for that.

My bike was gonna become a stuntbike from the previous owner till I rescued her

Old 06-06-2006, 08:28 PM

Sounds like you're pretty new. I would advise against it...but you'll most likely start doing it anyways.

I have a pipe/filter/jetted, and -1 sprocket up front w/a 520 conversion. The latter makes the most difference as far as wheelies are concerned.

Start getting a feel of the front wheel coming up. Start slow in 1st and progressively roll the throttle harder. Do it over and over.

Sooner or later the front will start lofting....get comfortable w/that.

If you just want it to come up, you can roll it maybe 2/3 full throttle from low rpms...when you get to 6k (give or take), roll off hard and roll back on hard. This has to be done extrememely quick or you'll get lackluster results.

WARNING! IT WILL SHOOT UP QUICK, ESPECIALLY IF SEATED FARTHER BACK W/AN EMPTY TANK!

Problem w/these type of wheelies (power wheelies) is that you're accelerating...and thus "chasing" the wheelie...and balance point...makes it hard to get it @ the balance point and keep it there. Slow it back down and it comes crashing back down taking a toll on your fork seals and head bearings.

Clutch up in 2nd. Not that easy, not too hard. Low gas, scoot back....roll it WOT in 2nd....around 5-7k just touch the clutch while continuously going WOT. If if doesn't come up you probably clutched it too long (Just a dab!) or kept the throttle constant if not rolled off. WOT!

Be careful....take your time. No more than a few minutes clutching it as it'll wear out your clutch quickly.

I would just practice a lil here and there. Its easy to loop in 1st, I don't care what anyone says.

Practice getting your right foot @ the rear brake so you can modulate the height. You won't do it initially as you're just getting used to the front come up and you'll be rolling off artificially early.

2nd gear is good for about 75 mph indicated for me....would be fine for hwy wheelies but I don't think I can start @ 55....I think around 35 or 40....

A.

Old 06-07-2006, 01:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm.. I wish i could wheelie. The only times I have had the front wheel come up have been completely by accident. Gotta go practice sometime.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:30 AM

i just learned to wheele on my bike a few weeks ago almost lay\ied it down in the prosess but im learning i jsut get the bike up to about 7 grand and let off the throttle till it hits 6000 or 6500 rpm and go to WOT and hang the hell on it will come up quick im stilll working on riding the wheelie but i can get ti to go through first...ride safe...ride fast

Old 06-07-2006, 04:25 PM

gwt a newer, lighter, more powerful bike and wheelies are effortless. my 02 1K comes up on accident al the time in 1st-3rd gear.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:45 PM

how can I tell if I have a K&N filter....and whats the big deal about it?

Old 06-07-2006, 05:17 PM

nothing incredible in my opinion, I had one on my camaro.... they are good because you can clean them and use them over and over.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 02_GSXR_HYBRID

gwt a newer, lighter, more powerful bike and wheelies are effortless. my 02 1K comes up on accident al the time in 1st-3rd gear.
yes it would be alot nicer just to be able to go out and get a newer ligther more powerful bike that would be the simplist way but we are trying to figure out if an F2 would be cabable if a worthy stunt bike

Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 PM

wow you're getting a lot of crazy advice from people who know nothing.
10-15mph in first gear, left foot on rear peg, bounce/gas/clutch, hit brake, repeat.

Quick Reply: Let's talk WHEELIES?