CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

LED blinkers --> Wicked fast! Should I care?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED blinkers --> Wicked fast! Should I care?

Hey everyone,

So I did my own custom fender elimination. I've done it before on my EX-500. Just get a dremel, figure out where you want it all, trace a few key lines, remove the plastics and lights/wires, then dremel to your hearts content. It wound up looking pretty legit.

In the process I switched over to some LED blinkers. They're pretty bright so I don't feel like I lost much in the switch over. They are however noticably faster blinking, probably due to the reduced resistance seen by the switch.

Anyways, I'm actually kinda liking the fact it blinks faster. The dash blinker stands out way more to me, so I never leave my blinker on because I notice it flashing right away. I'm also going to pretend it's more visible to people behind me.

However, does the additional amount of blinking endanger the front bulb that much more? Should I be concerned? Is there a way to switch that bulb to LED so I can blink to my hearts content?

Oh yeah, and I'll post pictures soonish. It needs some refinement but nothing major.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 AM

my bike does the same thing, but only on the left side. It blinks 2-3 times faster than the right side. Its been fine for the last year and a half ive had the bike

Old 01-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

just get a new relay that supports the decreased resistance.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:10 AM

U gona get pics of the eliminator? Been trying to find the thread where the guy used a piece of metal to put his plate on and i was hoping to do something similar but cant find it..also is there wiring u have to worry about before hacking away? Because my blinker broke when it fell over and i'm putting the stick on kind andway..thanks

Old 01-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Banned

It's super easy. No additional fabrication required. All you need is a plate late (you can use the stock one with some cutting) and turn signals. For tools, you'll need a Dremel, a crimping tool, and some small gauge wire connector pieces. A

First cut the wires from the plate light and turn signals and remove the stock turn signals. Get the license plate off, and pretty much get down to the stock fender.

Next up, cut off all of the license plate holder except for the part that actually holds the plate using the dremel. That's all you'll need for this part.

Next figure out how high up you can/want to mount the license plate on the fender, bearing in mind that you intend to remove all the excess. Drill the necessary holes to mount it, and double check that you put it in the right spot.

Next, determine where you want to place the turn signals. On each side you will want to determine an adequate amount of space to mount the signals, however you don't want to leave any more material than necessary.

Next up trace along the tail plastics, swooping upward to accommodate the turn signals, and then leveling off flat until the other side, where the same pattern should be traced. Once you've got all that traced, it's quite simple. Cut the lines you traced, and then refine it as necessary with a dremel. Once that's done, file it smooth/tolerable.

To put in the turn signals drill holes into the plastic so as the wires can go in right below the brake light. Install the turn signal, then run the wires up under the brake light. Attach it to the original stock turn signals. drill a hole for the plate light (be it stock or aftermarket) and mount it above the plate. Mount the plate, and you're good to go. Turn signals, plate, and plate light.

I did it all for $40, but I got nice LED blinkers and an LED plate light. You can do this for waaaay less if you are creative.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have any pics or a link to the blinkers you used. im really wanting to do this before spring to compliment the new paint job.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Banned

I'll be posting pictures as soon as I get them.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 PM

seriously tho, a step by step would be awesome! I have zero fabrication skills and this seems right up my alley

Old 01-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

I've got pictures now. I'm going to start a new thread explaining how I did it. It requires almost no skills really. Easy as pie!