CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Leaking Carbs!! Please Help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its not flooding anymore i just cant run it without choke fullengaged.. even when i try to gas it.. it still stalls and dies on me. it has a rough idle right around 1400 rpm. i was going to pull them again and clean the slow jets. i just cleaned them out the last time they were off.. i even used copper wire and soaked em.. ohh well. so touchy. do you guys think these rough idle issues could be caused by running rish or lean? i havnt adjusted my fuel/air screws yet and i picked this bike up from the mountains...( where the owner was stupid and never had it started which means he did not adjust them either..) and before that it was in north carolina.. theres quite a bit of difference in altitude between these locations so i thought it could be a possibility.. what do you guys think?

ohh p.s. when i turn my petcock to the off position, the bike is able to idle through it.. like its sucking gas through it somehow still. i just rebuilt the dang petcock.. could i have done something wrong?

Old 06-19-2011, 10:07 PM

So it turns out! Jets were clogged! The idle jets were clogged and holding back the fuel. Now the engine has hydrolocked again. I rebuilt the petcock and its still hydrolocking. Im pissed. Im tginking of trying to get new floats. Does anyone know where to buy these?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:38 PM

I got my floats and valves at Cheap Cycle Parts on line. if you are filling the cylinders with gas, don't forget to change out your oil as gasoline gets by your rings and contaminates your oil.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Did you actually buy a new coverset(petcock rebuild kit) from the dealer??

Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM

No i opened it up and it all looked to be in good condition. But im going to reopen it tomorrow. And check again. It ran great without choke when i had it on its side stand then i went to ride it and i tipped it up and it stalled. I did the full 9 yards carb cleaning too. Soaked jets, boiled em, copper wire, compressed air.. But after it flooded and hydtolocked i cant get it to run off choke again. Ots only hydrolocking on 2 and 3. I also know the needle is sealing the valves too. I tried to blow through the fuel line when cleaning the carbs and couldnt with the needles seated. Either i have warped floats or my petcock broke again. My plugs are dark as night too. Ohh and flooding is worse on the 3rd cylinder.

Ideas?

Old 06-20-2011, 07:30 PM

I also noticed that when i remove my tank and have my petcock in any position it does leak.. Being a vacuum petcock this should not happen. My money is still on the petcock

Old 06-20-2011, 07:31 PM

But then how would a carb push fuel through the pilot jet if the needle was seated correctly.. Plus one for floats.. Ughh

Old 06-23-2011, 02:18 PM

Okay stupid of me! The petcock was assembled with the spring on the wrong side. The prev owner did that i guess and i didnt realize it during dissassembly. But i still cant run off choke for very long. I think its my mixture. Ill pull the carbs and check the slow jets again! Any other suggestions

Old 06-23-2011, 07:34 PM

what do you mean by "it does leak" - just a little or regular flow? i had this issue when i first picked up my bike. it has a gravity fed petcock and if you connected the vacuum lines to the carbs its just loaded it up with fuel (to the point i had gas in my exhaust pipes). if your petcock is busted and acting like its gravity fed try removing the vacuum lines or buying a real rebuild kit.

Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 PM

oops i missed your last post. i guess you got the petcock working correctly. what jets are in there now? is the bike stock?

Quick Reply: Leaking Carbs!! Please Help me out!