CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   JayCBR's 94 F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/jaycbrs-94-f2-151784/)

JayCBR 04-26-2014 07:39 PM

JayCBR's 94 F2

4 Attachment(s)
Okay all, long time lurker with one or two posts. Thanks to all on the forum who provided info about their bike, how to do things, where to get things, etc. It's a '94 F2 with 10,000 Km's (Yes its Canadian). The bike had sat for a long time and when I picked it up last fall it was only because I remember loving these bikes oh so many years ago. It was a mess. The grime on the back wheel I swear was 1/4 inch deep and fairings were cracked all over. It was missing a bar end and the rear hugger as well.

I worked a lot of overtime at my work this winter so I dumped some money into getting everything checked, fluids changes and such at my local shop. I've also added a Yoshimura pipe, K&N filter, and a bunch of other stuff, levers, screen etc. All did tail section delete and added new LEDs and a relay.

It's still pretty cold here so I haven't gotten to ride it much but the few times I have I've been shocked at how fun this thing is to ride. Good ergonomics and steers great. Can't wait for summer!

Here's what I started with...
Attachment 29295

Here it is as of today!
Attachment 29296

and another...
Attachment 29297

Finally...(this one has original mirrors)
Attachment 29298

Keep the rubber side up!
Jay

JNSRacing 04-29-2014 09:48 AM

Nice! Lookin' real sweet, Jay!

I gotta say, though, and you might have thought this already, but there seems to be quite an expanse of white on the lowers, that just seems to need something... have you thought of trying to incorporate some graphics in that area I'm talking about?

JayCBR 04-29-2014 10:39 AM

I hear ya and once I get everything straightened away it's something I might look at. I've gotta get the seat redone (it's faded and barely hanging on and I'm replacing the R/R within the next few weeks). It took me forever to pick out the fairings as I wanted something a little more up to date. However, any suggestions are more than welcome :0)

By the way your builds threads have been instrumental in helping getting this done. I've gone through them at least a dozen (or two) times LoLOloLO.

It just dawned on me too that I probably should have posted this in the media section. If there's an admin out there that wants to rectify that please feel free to do so.

Jay

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1272542)
Nice! Lookin' real sweet, Jay!

I gotta say, though, and you might have thought this already, but there seems to be quite an expanse of white on the lowers, that just seems to need something... have you thought of trying to incorporate some graphics in that area I'm talking about?

JNSRacing 04-29-2014 11:58 AM

Well this is kind of "vague", but I guess if I were doing this, where the black part of the tail meets the lowers, I might bring some of that black forward, like a stripe through that white area, or something of the like... post up a "straight-on" shot of the bike from the side, if you could.

By the way, those mirrors look great - the stalks and actual mirror pods are very similar to what I'm running, but I like the way they look where they mount on the fairing... where did you get those? By any chance could you post up a link to the seller, and maybe the part/item number?

JayCBR 04-29-2014 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, I think know exactly what your thinking. The fairings themselves are ebay fairings. I just asked the seller to hold the sponsor decals (and close the holes in the rear tail, something else I learned on here). But I know a local guy that does really solid paint work and could easily bring the black forward, either solid or with some gradiated lines through it.

I also have a white tank cover with matching graphics that goes with the fairings but the lines blended pretty well with the original tank so I decided not to put it on. Yet.

here's a crappy side pic from my phone (as you can see a stator cover may be in order as well)...
Attachment 29287

As for the mirrors the seller is '3BBB motorcycle in the US' (located in Taiwan of course!). The mirrors were a little difficult to be honest. I ended up using the OE rubber gasket and ditching the 10MM bolts that came with it and getting some longer ones, 2 inch I think, and now they are solid. The problem was a ridge inside the base for the mirrors that would not let me get the bolts all the way in from the outside. So I threaded the bolt from inside but then needed longer bolts and had to use the gasket with the lock nuts in order to get a firm hold where nothing moved. There's a plastic cover that then hides everything (base and bolts) and it fits pretty snug to cover everything no problem.

I'm glad you like the mirrors because I used pictures from your phase one thread as my template! :0)

here's the link, just search on F2;
HONDA, SUZUKI items in 3BBB Motorcycle in US store on eBay!

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1272561)
Well this is kind of "vague", but I guess if I were doing this, where the black part of the tail meets the lowers, I might bring some of that black forward, like a stripe through that white area, or something of the like... post up a "straight-on" shot of the bike from the side, if you could.

By the way, those mirrors look great - the stalks and actual mirror pods are very similar to what I'm running, but I like the way they look where they mount on the fairing... where did you get those? By any chance could you post up a link to the seller, and maybe the part/item number?

JNSRacing 04-29-2014 04:12 PM

Thanks for the info on the mirrors - much appreciated!

So you mentioned that you requested the seller leave of the sponsor decals... is this what would have been in that large space of which we are speaking?

JayCBR 04-29-2014 08:06 PM

No problem on the mirrors. As for the decals they were mostly at the bottom where the red and black are and the large white space was pretty much as is.

Jay

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1272596)
Thanks for the info on the mirrors - much appreciated!

So you mentioned that you requested the seller leave of the sponsor decals... is this what would have been in that large space of which we are speaking?

JNSRacing 04-30-2014 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by JayCBR (Post 1272649)
As for the decals they were mostly at the bottom where the red and black are and the large white space was pretty much as is.

Jay

Gotcha... and I must admit, when looking at it straight-on from the side, it really doesn't look as "bare" as with the first pics you posted... maybe just a wee bit, but not so bad!

And by the way, I agree on the tank - I think the OEM scheme on the tank works just fine with that set! :icon_beerchug:

JNSRacing 04-30-2014 09:59 AM

By the way, I forgot to ask, but tell me about the chain guard that's currently on there - did you get it, or was it already on the bike? Can you get a close-up shot of that?
I need a hugger for the street bike, but I'm thinkin' I might just pull the one from race bike, and swap it over, and go with something like that for the race machine :icon_denk:... do you know where that one came from?

JayCBR 04-30-2014 11:13 AM

The guard came from here:
Honda Cub C50 C70 C90 ANF Innova 125 Wave 110 CB CBF items in Moto-GaGa store on eBay!

Where there was no hugger and I'm supposed to have the chain covered here I had to put something over it. The ebay ad included the dimensions so I measured it up and there was ample room in the bottom slots for adjustment forward and back.

It's superlight (read thin) and cheap but comes in several colours. I bought the aluminum one but it was really more like chrome so I primed and painted to match the frame. For the front part I fabbed a bracket, kind of like, and about the size of a popsicle stick. One bolt in the existing swing arm spot and the other throught the forward end of the guard (you can just see it behind the foot guard in the side on pic). Bolted on like that its firm and I have no worries of it coming off.

Jay

Originally Posted by JNSRacing (Post 1272767)
By the way, I forgot to ask, but tell me about the chain guard that's currently on there - did you get it, or was it already on the bike? Can you get a close-up shot of that?
I need a hugger for the street bike, but I'm thinkin' I might just pull the one from race bike, and swap it over, and go with something like that for the race machine :icon_denk:... do you know where that one came from?