CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

installed new clutch, now wont ingage

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed new clutch, now wont ingage

hey i just installed a new set of fibers, steels and springs for my clutch, i got it all together and now it will not ingage. i have had it apart 3 diffrent times, read over the manual i have on my computer, thinking i forgot something, but cant seem to figure out what i done wrong? has anyone else had this problem when installing new clutchs? any help would be appricated.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: installed new clutch, now wont ingage

Strange...

It's supposed to work BETTER with a new clutch!

Methinks you did somethin wrong, all the plates have to be facing the proper way, and the bevelled ring at the endhas to be in the right way... did you soak the fibers in oil before installing them?

Is it getting into gear, or stuck in neutral?

Old 02-24-2008, 03:33 PM

you may want to mess with your clutch adjustments both by the clutch and the hand....but i would have thought if that was the issue it wouldnt DISengage...check the adjustments...sometimes the obvious is overlooked.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:28 PM

yeah i soaked them in oil, how can you tell if the fibers are the same way? i know the steels are all going the same way, and on the belved ring which way is the bevel supposed to go? this manual i have is not telling me anything lol. and i spent hours messing with the adjustments on both, i was hoping it was just that. thanks for the input

Old 02-25-2008, 06:42 PM

Read the last post on this page:

https://cbrforum.com/m_468724/tm.htm

Old 02-26-2008, 06:18 AM

thanks that helps out. from that post i have everything else right, except i dont think the last 2 are right ( the judder and seat spring.) from the way i take it the belved edgr on the judder spring goes towards the cover, right? i will hopefully take it all apart tonight and see if thats my problem. and again THANKS YOU VERY MUCH for all the good info, the manual i have does not realy explain anything, and i am 50 miles from the nearest dealer, and only have one day a week to get there to order another manual. thanks again and i will keep you updated.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:45 PM

Yes, beveled side points outward from the bike.

G'luck

Old 02-26-2008, 08:46 PM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)

Go to Amazon if you want a manual. Costs like $25 bucks shipped and the dealership will cost you $28 or so + tax, so thats the route I went. I refuse to go to the dealership for parts anymore, they sold me plugs for 8.50 when I could have got them for 5.50 and 6.50 for Iridium. Online really is the best place to go.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:22 PM

yeah i found a manual today online for $22 and the dealership wanted $35, so hmmm where shall i get it lol.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:03 PM

alright everyone, again today i went to work on these damn clutches. i tore everything apart to make sure i had everything there, and in the right place, i did have to put the last fiber ( the one with the larger ID) in the shallower slots, and turn my judder sprong around. After all of that i put it back together, adjusted the cable , put it in gear, pulled the clutch lever, and nothing. The wheel still will not move, so the clutch is still not working for some damn reason lol. I mean its not a hurry process, just the fact that everything is in there and lined up right, the way i take it, but i cannot figure out why it will not ingage???? i even tried all the adjustments i could on the cable. so i am at a loss after i get my book if i can figure it out, i guess it will have to go to the stealership lol

Quick Reply: installed new clutch, now wont ingage