CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

I think it's a1993 CBR - Buy or Not to Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think it's a1993 CBR - Buy or Not to Buy?

Hey everyone how are you? MY name is Alex I am very new to the Forums and about bikes.

I live in Miami Beach and I don't really need a car to commute newhere I am also strapped for cash for the next month or so. I saw a post in my local area someone is selling their 1993 CBR for $700.00, the bike itself looks like it's in fair conditions but what worries me is what he wrote in the post about the top gear.....

POSTER:
1993 cbr 600 with NO TITLE!This bike was going to be used for a sandrail project or golfcart.The bike run's but has trouble on the top end. My buddy is a bike mechanic and he think's the carb's need cleaning.I have lost interest in the project and need to get rid of it.863 697 9763.I also have the sand rail frame on Craigslist under sand rail frame.I will sell both together for $700.00

ME:
so that is what he said does anyone know what kinda damage that the carb's need cleaning mean? or if its a ez fix? I would love to buy it as my 1st bike to just cruise around with and get from point A to B lol please help if you can.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy/1391059323.html

Last edited by Spdfrk; 09-25-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: adding a picture
Old 09-25-2009, 02:02 PM

Clearly you are taking a huge risk. You know the bike isn't running right. The seller is just guessing, and probably guessing in his own favor. It could be something cheap to fix, but it could be something really (really)expensive to fix. If ugly doesn't bother you, then you should look for a bike with a title that runs good and drives good but is essentially totalled due to body damage. Don't get in too big of a hurry.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your that strapped for cash go get a ninja 250. You can get a good running one for not much more than that price.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:01 PM

No title? and you want to commute on it AND its your first bike?
Don't buy a bike without papers if you want it on the road any time soon.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea the title deal kind of sucky too forgot about that.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:55 PM

How much of the bike not shown does he have with it too? there's no can on the exhaust exhaust, the side fairings arent too bad to get hold of but the nose fairings are hard to find/really expensive if he doesnt have them plus you'll need shield/mirrors/etc. It all adds up! (I recently bought one that was a track bike for £550, but reckon its cost around £1,000 in total to get it back on the road and it was mostly mechanically sound to start with!)

Carb cleaning isnt too bad (if thats def the problem!) - there's a great how too on this forum somewhere called carb cleaning 101 that has pics and everything - i followed it to do mine and i had no idea what i was doing!

Take the advise from JHouse above and take your time - you'll get a better deal somewhere and you'll have more idea what you're getting. Have to say though, theres a great satisfaction in getting a bargain and fixing it up!