CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

I NEED HELP PLEAAASE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I NEED HELP PLEAAASE!

Hey guys,
So i posted a few weeks ago about my F2 starting problems and im really reaching the point of just scrapping the whole damn bike. I cant figure out what the hell is wrong.
As i stated before, the start motor will not crank or anything. The battery if fully charged and operational, i tested the start motor with a direct wiring to the battery and it cranked fine. however, checked the ICM for faulty wiring and found nothing. or at least nothign that i could tell, the Starter relay is new, and checked the continuity with the clutch/bike in gear and stand up, it is all there. WHAT AM I MISSInG?
does the bike crank if the tank is off? i just want to check the wiring beofre i reassemble, or do i need to put the tank back and fuel before it will even crank? i am checking the little stupid things you forget when putting a bike bak together.
could it be the engine run/off switch and start button? clutch diode? neutral? please.. any ideas or experience with this would be great. Is it a bad wiring harness? and why did it go sour, its been in my house all winter and i just got it in running condition in NOV 07. Sigh.. i just want to ride already.. please help me out with ideas. thanks
also if anyone knows what wires to test for the starter button i would appreciate that. i cant seem to find the schematics for it.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Default RE: I NEED HELP PLEAAASE!

Check your starter/ignition fuse first. It might be as simple as that. You can test your stand circuit with an ohm meter, but i think you have to remove the fuel tank first to access the connectors. If that checks out, I would check the starter relay next. Ignition on, kill switch on RUN, relay should click when you hit starter button.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:28 PM

check and check.. done all of the above. however, there is no click in the starter relay

Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM

I forgot to mention to make sure its in neutral, but I'm sure you already knew that. I'd pull off the the relay next and check it. Connect a good battery to the two wire leads and see if the relay clicks. If it does, just to make sure there is continuity when it opens and closes, connect your ohm meter to the battery and starter leads of the relay and watch your ohm meter as you apply battery power. I think one of the relay leads goes to the starter button, so the color of that wire might help you locate the leads for for the starter button to test it.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM

do you think it could be the run switch? if the relay doesnt click? i just bought the relay from a running bike

Old 04-02-2008, 01:38 PM

I take the bike if u dont want her.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:56 PM

clean the termanals and leads that might just fix it

Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 PM

Have you checked the plug connections of all electrical components involved to the main harness? It's a likely spot for corrosion to build up, espscially during storage. Just unplugging and plugging back in usually takes care of any initialbuildup, but it would be wise to clean and treat any corrosion you find.

Otherwise, the run switch could be a next likely spot to look. Theres stuff called electrical contact cleaner. Put a rag underneath to prevent drips onto paint.Use the little straw thingy that directs the spray, and aim it in the space between the black surrounding plastic, and the red rocker switch. After you see a little soak in, rock the switch back and forth a few times, then let it dry. Though you may have to open it up for a better look at the switch for corrosion. Ditto for start button.

And if that doesn't work, check continuity through the wiring harness itself, at least at run switch connection and start button.If it's faulty andyou have to replace it, I'll be posting with picsin the 'How To' sectionin a few days when mine finally gets delivered.

- rey

Old 04-03-2008, 02:53 PM

sweet. thanks. but apparently all it needed was a slap in the CDI. lol i was frustrated to helll with it all and upon its last attepmt to get it cranking i slapped the CDI and it cranked. problem now is, it wont START!, there are new plugs in and everything like that. i've checked all connections. what's next? could it be that a bad CDI is leading to insufficient spark at the coils? a new CDI is on its way so hopefully that.ll help, but anyone with any ideas til then? i could really use the help.. i want to get this baby on the road soon. thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 08:00 AM

A bad CDI will and could cause no spark. It is what controls the spark signal to go to the coils. If you slapped it and the bike cranks now, replace the CDI and then report back.