CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Honda F2... who wants one?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda F2... who wants one?

Ok heres the deal of the summer, I have posted acouple of times before this trying to get some info on what is wrong with my bike. And I have come to the conclusion that there is a bad ground/shortin the wiring harness somewhere. I don't know how to fix it and for the whole summer I have beenenjoying this bike with no problems (well myR/R went out but I replaced it). The bike has been good to me untilnow andit has beaten all of my buddys F2sand my friends 1999 suzuki tl100s. This bike is great for beginners and never gets old with experienced riders.

I was going to try and fix it then sell but if there is someone out there who would like to purchase my bike the way it is I am offering it here in the F2 forum before I put it in the For Sale forum. Hopefully I will get some responses from F2 enthusiasts first.

The Bike is a 1991 Cbr600F2 with a little over 31,000miles.
Check out my gallery for pictures, you will see what it looked like when I bought it last year.
I did the paint job and bodywork myself, the paint is a semi gloss black.

I installed new:
-mirrors
-blinkers
-smoke windscreen
-new seat cover
-custom exhaust (can is V&H)
-R/R w/ cooling fins
- -1/+2 sprockets (will include the stock ones)
-V&H power pak
-battery (when I purchased the bike)
-race header

The bike came with a K&N air filter and jetted (stage7). The tires are in very good condition looked brand new when I purchased the bike last year I have only put 3,200 miles since then.
If you are a smaller rider I will include my jacket (size small) and HJC helmet (size x-small)

I just thought I would post this in this forum to see if any of you guys want it first.

All Offers Welcome!!!

Thank you

Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Honda F2... who wants one?

i assume you mean tl1000. if so, your crazy, or he can't ride for ****!!!

i happen to own both an f2, and a tl.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:32 AM

Yea I meant Tl000s and no I'm not crazy. Its really not that fast....(plus his is completely stock)
But if you wanna ask about my bro-in-laws riding skills, they are indeed worse than mine.
And plus its not like we raced on a professonal drag strip. Just trying to point out that this F2 is fast and can hang if not beat alot of thenewer bikes on the road today (remember this bike is a 1991).

What year is yours?I only drove his once and it was pretty torquey but didn't make me pee my pants fast.
Certainly didn't have the top end power you feel in the F2 and didn't sound half as good as the F2

By the way thisthread isn't aboutmy Bros'tl1000 its about my F2.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 AM

I have both of those bikes too (except my tl is an 03 TL1000R - not much different than a tls) - and I'd agree - your friend must not know how to ride...

What is the range of $ you are looking to get for your f2?

Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 AM

I paid $2000 for the bike and it wasn't working when I bought it. I put about $500 of parts and countless hours of labor in to this bike. I will look at any offer and respond accordingly.

I think I would be comfortable selling for $2000 or under depending on the situation.
Don't get discouraged this is the first time I am putting the bike up for sale so I am
open to negotiations.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:39 PM

let me know if youll part it out