CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Hi, My Name is George, and I'm a Retard

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, My Name is George, and I'm a Retard

This morning, I couldn't get my bike to start. I put the key in and hit the ignition. Nothing. Then I checked the kill switch. it was flipped to "ON" (like always, b/c I never use it). Thought that couldn't be the problem, b/c it still cranks with the kill switch turned to off (I think). I flip it anyway quickly off, then on. Ignition. Nothing again. Tried to think. What could cause this? Couldn't be the sidestand switch, b/c mine's bypassed. Sat there for a few minutes and tried the same things over and over again. Then I tried to push it out into the open and it wouldn't budge. That's right, it was in gear. It seems that while I was messing with the shifterlast nighttrying to figure outthe gear indicator I'm working on with Viking, Ileft it in gear. I thought I put it back in neutral when I was done, but I didn't have the key so I wasn't sure. Forgot about it this morning until I tried to push it. Can't believe I didnt notice the neutral light wasn't on.

[sm=oopssign.gif]

Old 08-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Default RE: Hi, My Name is George, and I'm a Retard

Atleast you had the key in unlike I did once.I really felt like an ***

Old 08-11-2007, 10:25 AM

I was happy I was alone. This is the kind of stuff your friends never forget.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:27 AM

Thats alright cuz, I was working on mine changing the plugs out and the such, went to start it when I was done and wore the battery down till I realized I did have the "kill" switch off, felt like a complete moron [:@]...............by the way, I was having a few beers

Old 08-11-2007, 10:29 AM

get ready for a few months worth of "how bout that time you...."

Old 08-11-2007, 12:19 PM

I have a couple things I can contribute to this. When I first got my bike me and my cousin were trying to put it all back together and get it running (I bought it somewhat disassembled and not running out of a barn for $1500). We sit there and crank it and crank it trying to get it to start with no luck. Finally we decide to pull the plugs and see what they look like. Got the first few out and went to take the one out of cylinder 3, and uh, hey wait, is there a spark plug even in here?? Nope. I thank the ******* that sold me the bike for that one.
another time I was out until about 1 in the morning and couldn't get the bike to start. I even tried rolling it down this big hill and tried popping the clutch. all it did was crank it the whole way down and never start. finally I start looking at things a little closer and it was the kill switch. I couldn' see it because it was dark. I think somebody must have flipped it off for me or I bumped it somehow because I never use it. Anyway, me now being a block and a half away, get a text message from the girl who lives there saying she can hear my bike. I can only assume that was from the fantastically loud backfire it let out once it started.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:38 PM

One time... at band camp.... there was this... hahaha

Seriously, I have an old pair sneaks that I wear around the house, yardwork, etc... I was gonna take a quick ride up to the store. I get on the bike, it's running, I realize I needed my wallet. I shut it off, and go to push the stand down. Well the little nub ball on the stand poked into my sneaker, and when I was trying to get off the bike, my shoe stuck on the stand and I fell off with the bike not moving.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:42 PM

My favorite is shifting into first with the kickstand down. I always seem to do that at the gas pump with people watching.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: 410600f2

My favorite is shifting into first with the kickstand down. I always seem to do that at the gas pump with people watching.
LMAO! I always seem to pull into a spot and put the stand down without putting it in neutral first. Easy cover up then as you just turn the key off and put it in neutral.

I always pull the clutch in when starting. I don't know why I got in the habit, but I think it could be because I push started it a few times and I just picked up the habit.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:50 PM

Until a few days ago I alway laughed at the guys who said they hit the horn instead of the start. I did it in my shed and it just about scared the
Be-Jesus out of me! Talk about being loud
[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Quick Reply: Hi, My Name is George, and I'm a Retard