CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Hi! I just bought a 1992 CBR F2 ! Made it my little project!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slick89
Now i'm trying to mount the forks, its kind of hard because the aprilia rsv stem is thicker then the Cbr's ! I am searching for bearings , if i cant find them , i will remove stem from aprilia rsv and try to fit the cbr stem in ! It will be a bitch to do that but, thats life, i got a very good deal for the forks so ....
I really hate to say it, but that Aprilia front end may not be compatible, without some machine work involved.
Check this site for help in steering stem bearing conversions:

Fork conversion All ***** Racing

Just out of curiosity, did someone report to you that this conversion had been done successfully before?

Anyway, good luck, and good to see you're back at it!

Old 02-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mattson...good thing you dont drive in Romania, because here everybody has HID's on normal headlights and nobody is punishing them ! JNS Racing .... the conversion is possible, nobody has done it before but i will(i hope), i am not affraid to work and to learn new things ! I found bearings that will work with aprilia stem and cbr frame, i have to add a spacer to the upper bearing because the width is smaller then the normal stem bearing but hopefully it will be ok ! I test the stem on the cbr frame and its a tight fit but it can be done ! If i cant make it work with new bearings, i have some friends and they will machine me a new stem on a turning machine/mandrel/rectifier(i dont know how to translate "strung" in english) that will work with aprilia tripples ! I will find a way to make it work ! Here is so damn cold, i cant work , my heands are freezing when i use any kind of tool !Thank you for advice ! I will keep you posted ! Ride safe !

Old 02-27-2013, 11:03 AM

Small update ! Last night i recived the bearings and all the winters in the world couldn't stop me to work on the little beast ! Last night i removed all the fairings and stuff to make room for the forks ! Today i finished it ! I put the front end and it looks sweet, i am waiting for a custom spacer for one of the bearings and it will be rideable ! I have only an iphone 3g to take photos so they suck ! Sry for the bad english again !

Old 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wiping the camera lens to your shirt sleeve helps, phone camera lenses gather all kinds of crap and grease. Also try to be as still as you possibly can when the camera shoots. Any bit of movement makes the image go blurry.

Nuttin wrong with your english, I know US users here that use way worse...

Sum beefy looking forks U got there! But isn`t the front rim on backwards?

Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lookin' good, Slick!

Old 02-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Mattson: Its just for mock-up , i still have to make a custom spacer for one of the bearings and then i will put everything as it should !
JNSRacing: Thank you ! ! Now i have to fix all fairings and paint ! Hope to finish her up until 1 may ! In Romania we have a custom, on 1st of may we go to the Black Sea (300-320km) ! Ride safe!
That means a lot comming from you guys !

Old 02-27-2013, 03:07 PM

The new forks look good. I look forward to hearing how the CBR feels/handles with the upgrade.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:44 PM

Man, I'm jealous! Makes me want to tear my bike down now! Lol!

Looks good Slick!! Keep up the good work.

I just hauled mine out of the shop tonight and got her fired up. Ran her up and down the street. What a monster!! Even on old gas and after sitting for several months over the Winter!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:09 AM

Bently600: Thanks man, i want to test it to but i dont want to rush into things ! I have to wait 3 days for my spacer (it will be machined and backed in an oven etc.... want to do everything right, not taking any chances, its my life we are talking about here !) When i take it for a spin i will tell you how it feels, i have a steering dumper from aprilia rsv forks, i want to find a way to use it on my bike !
Wranghondo : First time when i fired her up after this winter, it started and was running in 2 pistons ..... i was a little bit angry but it was a joke from my best friend ! I am working in his workshop and when i called him and told him i am comming to fire her up , he removed all my gas from the tank and she was running on empty ! Damn i was a little scared ! I filled her up and she started right up ! No problems, i went for a spin before i sold my forks ! I waited 2 weeks for the new one and wanted to ride her so i could make a comparation !

Old 03-02-2013, 10:50 AM

As old as these bikes are, they are some pretty awesome machines! I have three street bikes and one killer dirt bike. Wanna know what is my favorite bike hands down?? Yep, this old crappy Honda of mine. It is the fastest, best handling, most fun adrenaline machine I own! And I own some pretty cool toys!

Quick Reply: Hi! I just bought a 1992 CBR F2 ! Made it my little project!