CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!

I just rebuilt my motor and now having a problem with the trans. When I put the bike in neutral I can roll back and forth no problem, but when I put the bike into gear, I can still roll back and forth. Also, before I took the motor apart I could only shift into first and neutral and when in first the bike wouldn't roll. Now I can shift all the way into sixth gear even just sitting there not moving with the engine off.Before I completely put the motor together I tried shifting in and out of gear, when in neutral I could spin the gear for the chain, but in first the gear would not move and lock into gear. I then put the clutch together and put the clutch cover, stator cover, oil pan, and generator cover back on and put it back into the bike, attached everything and now having this issue. Any advice would be great!!

Thanks,

Old 08-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!

Start simple: Is there too much tension on the clutch cable???

Old 08-15-2008, 07:55 PM

That is what I thought was the problem, so I took the tension off the cable, nothing. I then disconnected the cable and still had the same problem. I was reading some where that that the clutch plate for first gear has to be installed of set from the other clutch plates. Is that true? If it is, I believe I installed the clutch wrong then. Would this be the cause of the issue?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:08 PM

Also, I have not put any oil in the bike yet being that the motor went in today and has not been started yet. The only oil in the bike is the oil i saturated all the moving parts in. Will that affect it at all?

Old 08-16-2008, 09:53 AM

Did a search today and found something where you can look in the oil cap and look the the clutch and the plates are supposed to lift or move when the clutch is engaged. Tested it today, no movement in the plates. Took the clutch cover off, put the bike in N and rolled, no movement in the clutch, put the bike in first and tried to roll, the lifter plate was spinning as the bike was moving, is that supposed to happen, isnt it supposed to lock up until the motor starts to move? also, is the very first clutch plate, the one closest to the lifter plate, supposed to be offset from the rest?

Old 08-16-2008, 07:30 PM

Really need help with this!!

Old 08-17-2008, 03:01 PM

https://cbrforum.com/m_532311/tm.htm there is a pic in this one, im not sure if that will help or not

Old 08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Default RE: HELP!!! FIXED THE PROBLEM!!

Hey all,

I fixed the problem today, I almost feel like a dumbass posting the answer to my problem but I hope it helps other begginer mechanicsin the future.

When I had put the clutch together I aligned everything acording to the manual, but what I failed to check how tight the plates were together. I put the clutch in and all the plates had a gap between them and I could move them forward and back, but didnt think anything of it becaue I thought I had aligned it correctly because I did it the way the manual said. Turns out that I was wrong and the clutch plates need to be tight with no gaps. After almsost two hours of taking the clutch plates and basket off and on I finally realized that the front and back plate holders (do not know the actually name) interlocked together. I put it back together and tested it out. When in N it rolls no probs, when in 1st it locks up and will not roll (YEAH!!) then when i squeze the clutch lever the bike rolls again, but when i let go it locks up (DOUBLE YEAH!!!)

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Thank You to the people that tried to help me solve the issue.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:02 PM

Awesome. So glad you figured that out. I did not have any insight to offer, I've not had to mess with my clutch (hoping not too!). Great to hear you got it fixed though!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:05 AM

I suspected that it was going to be something like that, but the last bike I put a clutch in was a 69 Yamaha AS2C 125 Twin (over 20 years ago), so I didn't really feel qualified to try to answer. I put a Barnett Racing clutch set in it, and the first time I let the clutch out, it wheelied me right off the back. I hung onto it, kinda running behind it, and finally jumped up and got it back down on two wheels without wrecking it. I'm sure it was quite a sight.....[8D]