CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Hello All....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello All....

New to the CBR world, Ive upgraded from my ninja 500 to a 93 f2. I love this thing, but have a few questions....

1. What is a good cruising RPM to run at?

2. What would make it hard to start? It could be a cold night or a hot day or even after I run it and turn it off, still hard to start.....cranks over fine?

3. How can I tell what year motor I have....reason asking is the air box that bolts directly to the carbs, the holes dont line up at all....I can only get about 4 screws to line up.

4. From what I have read the petcock should have a vacuum line of some sorts, but this petcock I have on here dont even have a place to hook one up to? How important is this? Problems I may face?

Thanks in advance I hope to become a long standing member here and hope the OG members can help me along my new journey...

Dennis

Old 09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Default RE: Hello All....

some of theses questions.. if they get answered will also help me... cant wait to follow this thread...

Old 09-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Default RE: Hello All....

Well, I'm guessing your hard starting problem is related to your airbox problem. If the airbox isn't matched up and theres space for air to come in then its not going to run right, if at all. The fact that your fuel valve doesn't have a vacuum line isn't exactly a problem, its just not original at all. The F2 petcocks had a tendency to not work so good and there isn't a rebuild kit for them. What people often do as a cheap fix is put in a straight on-off type valve that doesn't require a vacuum to operate. A few people on here are running that setup right now so its probably nothing to worry about.
Post up questions and people will help you out.