CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Hay problemas en paraíso...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hay problemas en paraíso...

Well, after more than a month and a half in the shop, I finally have my F2 back. Man, it felt so good to get back on it and ride it around. Nice smooth idle now, great acceleration, no strange noises, and plenty of cool F2 style.

Sadly, the whole reason I bought it was to ride it to work, and that may not happen anymore. In just the time that it's been in the shop there have been 14 armed car and motorcycle jackings around where I work - including a couple of my co-workers as they were leaving work. And Saturday night two weeks ago, two kids were tackled off their Hayabusa as they were stuck in traffic outside of my job - dude pointed a gun and yelled at them as they were still laying on the ground, "Dame tu casco, dame tu casco!," (give me your helmet) - and took off on their bike in front of everybody... ñeta, hay cabrónes con pistolas en la calle.

Looks like after all this time getting this thing really road-worthy it's gonna stay parked at the house most of the time, at least 'til I find a safer place to work.

Ride safe, guys... hope your summer's going better than mine.

- rey

Old 08-23-2008, 04:23 AM
Default RE: Hay problemas en paraíso...

man that's some scary stuff that i don't think about as much as i should. i'd hate to get tackeled to the ground like that and watch someone ride away with my baby....[:@]

Old 08-23-2008, 08:05 AM

I think I'd be getting a concealedweapon permit, even for driving a car.A friend of mine works in a bad area of Orlando where stuff like that happens too often, and you won't find him on his bikegoing to or fromwork without a pistol in his jacket. I think they have a fenced parking lot, so no real worries about his bike being stolen while he's working.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:28 AM

Well, it's back in the shop again... I just don't think I was meant to drive anything with an engine. This must be the karma I've earned for all those hundreds of gallons of gas I wasted as a teenager "cruising the strip" with all of my friends.

I wonder if they make a fairing adaptersto fitan old Trek mountain bike - that seems to be the only reliable transportation I've owned in the last 10 years.