CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Got my first F2

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my first F2

Ok so i just got my first cbr f2 and had to clean the carbs wow fun lol well i want to make the bike look clean but not sure how to like i dont want that bar that goes from the back to the peg post that mount and also to lose the rear fender/plate holder so how to do this and would like to change exhaust what kind and what jet kit i hope you guys or girls can help thanks.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:10 AM

Some pictures would help. Also, it wouldn't hurt to throw a period or two in there, you know, just for fun.

Do you have any idea what you want to do with it? The most important thing, regardless of what I or anybody else thinks you should do is that you like the way it looks.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:46 PM

Pics would help.

If you are talking about the bar that ties into the rear passenger pegs, you should be able to just unbolt that and fab up an extension to mount the exhaust too.

As for the plate bracket, you can cut away the plastic and buy a fender eliminator kit, although they cost over $100. Personally, I fabbed one up out of stretched steel for around $10 and installed an integrated turn signal kit ($20).

What you get after shaving the tail:
Name:  IMG00133.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  60.3 KB

New bracket installed. It's held on by the reflector and it's bolt so there are not extra holes/bolts under the tail light:
Name:  IMG00136.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  58.4 KB

Side View:

The whole thing cost about $10-$15 including the metal sheeting, can of Rustoleum rust converter, and a can of satin black to match the rest of the exposed frame. Took about 3 hours total time.