CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Finally Got My F2!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Got My F2!!

Yep, finally got my F2 - rode it to work the other night... sweet ride!!

But now it doesn't work...(aka the story of ALL of my vehicles)

Any ideas??

Here's what's happening:

It won't start. Ran fine the night before, but when I went to start it the next day... nada.

Electric works - have lights, etc. Starter works - have it turning over. There's gas - that
I'm sure of, cause I can smell it - a lot of it. But nothing beyond that.

I haven'tordered the owners manual yet, though I found the link from this site to the Service Manual PDF, and downloaded it. eBay has a manual for a 93, mine's a 92 - should be the same right?

My car experience suggests that it's flooded. And since I've only recently become aware of that it has agas tank switch, I'm guessing that since it was left ON, that it maybe flooded the engine. Do you have to turn off the gas tank after each ride?

It's been sitting since Saturday (with the gas tank turnedoff), and unfortunately haven't had the time orgood weather to do anything with it for the past couple days. Tomorrow is my day off, and the weather looks like it might be kinda nice -would love to ride, if I can get it started.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, as it seems I have a lot to learn about my new F2.

Thanks guys.

- rey

Old 12-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Default RE: Finally Got My F2!!

I can tell you that its not because you left your petcock valve on, My always stays on and ive never had a problem

Old 12-04-2007, 01:36 PM

shouldnt be a problem with the pet ****, you can take the tank off and turn the valve on and nothing will come out because it requires connection of the vaccum tube. my initial thought is its your carbs or plugs. i would probably check for good spark on the plugs first and then dig into your cabrs. theres a great carb cleaning guide in the how-to section found here https://cbrforum.com/m_311016/tm.htm

even if the plugs are the problem i would probably take a good look at the carbs since you just bought the bike

Old 12-04-2007, 07:09 PM

Just got back from work, and have no light to get this project started tonight, so I've been reading through different posts and linkshere and the service manual I downloaded, too.

I've read thru the carb cleaning process. Definately a good link you provided, thank you- will probably tackle that tomorrow morning after I check the plugs. But I've also found a few interesting things in the service manual that I don't understand...

Could the side stand switch have anything to do with this? The service manual describes anengine kill switch attached to the stand - the times I've tried to start it the stand has been down. Though I seem to recall it running before evenwith the stand down. (Don't get me wrong, I have gone back out to try and start it with the stand up, but I'm now down to about zero juice from the battery, so I still get nothing but the engine barelyturning and a dim headlight.) Though I hope to get the battery charged tonight before I start tomorrow's project.

Also, what is throttle stop screw? I see where it is on the left side, but what is it's function?

Some of this stuff I guess might be in the owners manual, not to mention other stuff I probably need to know. Anybody know if there's an online owners manual download?

As always, muchas gracias for all of your input here... looking forward to your responses.

- rey

Old 12-04-2007, 09:24 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

I was going to tell you to try the sidestand switch but you are aware of that. Also, check the clutch switch, make sure the bike is in nuetral next time you try it.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:31 PM

Got it running... Spin around the block, ran great.

Broke the chain 3 blocks from my house

About to go push it home...

La historia de me vida...

- rey

Old 12-05-2007, 01:14 PM

sucks about your chain, but glad you figured it out. what ended up being the problem?

Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Ok, ok, now you guys are going to laugh... But keep in mind, I'm new to motorcycles...

You know the red button on the right handlebar - Engine Stop - Off/Run.

I guess it helps if you have it set to Run.

Me stilllaughing about that helps soothemy newlybroken chain.

I really need an Owners Manual.

- rey

- anybody know where to find the part about replacing/adjusting the chain in the Honda Service Manual - can't seem to find anything about chain/drivechain in the back index

thanks

Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM

haha its all good man, everyones been there at some point. once you get a new chain, be sure to read up on how to lube it and maintain it properly. a simple search on this site should yield some good advice.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:51 PM

Yeah, it's cool... Little by little it's just introducing itself to me, and even considerate enough to havethings happen within a only few blocks from my house - easy pushing distance.

I'm looking forward to becoming my own mechanic again.

Cool paint there plastikmelter, nice stripes

Thanks to all.

- rey

Quick Reply: Finally Got My F2!!