CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Fairings, Good! Pro-Bolt, Bad!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Fairings, Good! Pro-Bolt, Bad!

Well got a new set of red and black fairings (ebay) for christmas but was missing just a few screws and the quick snaps. Thought i'd just go ahead and order a new kit. Quick and easy with everything you need, Not so much! Got the kit From Pro-bolt USA for my F2 and ended up using my remaining old hardware plus the few screws they gave me! But the good news is the fairings look great and fit pretty good as well!! Just thought i would spread the word...

Old 01-19-2010, 04:28 PM

Hey, who was the seller on the fairings you received? Care to post a picture of the new installed set? If I were to choose one, it would be the red and black...

Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 PM

Kapscomoto was the seller, took a few weeks to come in but it was the holidays and they are from china so i didnt think that was to bad. I had a rough time picking the color scheme, there was alot of ones that i liked but i'm happy with the red and black! I tried to download a pic but not shure if it worked? If not i can e-mail pics...

Attached Thumbnails Fairings, Good! Pro-Bolt, Bad!-0118002043.jpg  
Old 01-19-2010, 08:39 PM

Looks good! How was the install? Any fit issues?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:55 PM

Still not completely done with the install. Rode it withough the plastic cuz it was such a nice day in the middle of winter here in ohio and didnt think about the headlight just being held on by a couple forks so now im waiting ona a new headlight. But the only issues i've had are that on the passenger side where the tail section is sopposed to pop in place. Well the hole in the front is to big so gona try to fix it with a rubber gromet. and the holes for the like plastic quick snap screws dont line up perfectly.. But alll in all not bad! and thanks...

Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Banned

Hey wow, that looks pretty slick! Good find on those plastics!

Old 01-20-2010, 12:34 PM

haha... headlight.... did it fall out when you were braking? smashed on the ground?

zip ties/zap straps held mine in place when front fairing was off.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:59 PM

haha.. well i didnt think much about it! I was just in a hurry to get to the basket ball game! But i'm not shure how exactely it did come off cuz i didnt hear or feel any but when i got off and did a double take before i went into the game i noticed something that was sopposed to be there wasnt! haha.. and thanks jnicola! It's nice to have a bike you get compliments on! Before this it was pretty much just the front fairing and front fender..

Old 01-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

nice job bro. gonna order myself a set come the middle of march or so. im currently riding fairing-less and if it werent for my buddy helping me i woulda taken off without securing the headlight as well. so dont feel that bad....lol.... few zip ties and i was on my way.

thanks for the info about the china fairings. eases my mind a lil about ordering mine now...

-fearless-

Old 01-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DAMN SEXY is what that bike is.

I thought about buying fairings from ebay but i cant make myself put another 500 bucks into this bike. Im going to save it for a newer model. Looks good though!

Quick Reply: Fairings, Good! Pro-Bolt, Bad!