Is it even possible

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

$20 says this never gets done.

Anybody?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can find the thread a few years back a guy put a small turbo in his F3. He said he could stand the bike up easily in any gear. If I remember correctly he used a small turbo for a dodge dakota. I would assume you would need to use a turbo with a small impeller like 2.0in to 2.35in in diameter. Make sure you use a turbo with a wastegate because I can see a small turbo making over 20 PSI of boost easily on a small 600 cc engine like the F3 or F2.

I am not sure how much boost the guy was running but I think he used the stock airbox just reinforced it somehow.

With more air entering the engine you need more fuel so upgrade to a stronger fuel pump and aftermarket jet kit.

Bolting on a turbo would be way cheaper than doing a engine swap. Running 4 to 5 psi should give you the same power of a 900cc engine. Maybe when I return home from overseas I will bolt a turbo on my F3 for the fun of it.

Old 09-16-2010, 02:50 PM

Sandman im willing to go to great lengths to get something i want done. i purchased my bike for next to nothing and did the f4i conversion 600rr rear tail integrated tail light for like 400 bucks, because i was willing to put the time in. valkyie i think you mean the dodge daytona, teh older eclipses also come with a built in blow off. A buddy of mine has like three turbos for his 323 sitting in his garage and there fairly small i dont know if they have a built in blow off though. I'd love to use one of these since the turbo would be free. I was looking in to turbocharging my bike in the first place but got discouraged when i could not readily find a exhaust flange to build off. I'd probably just have to hack up my stock exhaust manifold build the runners and base for the turbo. I'm all about using the stock intake but im not quite sure how he reinforced? a ton of fiberglass and some creative is the best i've thought of so far. Also if I'd like ot run intercooler buth the ? is where if i mount it in front of the radiator and the turbo would it get heat soaked like the grand nationals did ? thanks for the help guys.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by TooBroke0029
valkyie i think you mean the dodge daytona, teh older eclipses also come with a built in blow off. A buddy of mine has like three turbos for his 323 sitting in his garage and there fairly small i dont know if they have a built in blow off though. I'd love to use one of these since the turbo would be free.
I mean this in the best way possible....

Don't. If you want your bike turbocharged, pay somebody to do it. You don't appear to know enough about how turbos work to really do it without a bolt-on kit.

Turbos can have an internal waste gate, which allows you to set the maximum pressure the turbo can build. It bypasses the turbo and sends the exhaust out without going through the housing. It is usually controlled by a spring. This is on the "hot" side of the turbo set up.

I don't know how you'd fit an inter-cooler without some serious prep work. The Blow off valve is on the "cold" side of the system. This releases pressure that the intake sees when you let off the gas, change gears, etc. These are vacuum controlled.

You need both to have a safe and reliable system.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever seen a turbo bike "grenade" a motor??? I have seen it on a Busa at the track last year. I think the guy is learning to walk again with his new legs.