CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Dragg'in knee on a stock 600f2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dragg'in knee on a stock 600f2?

when i first started riding i feared hanging off...the very first time i started sliding a little off the turn felt so much smoother...now no turn feels complete without a cheek off the seat....

Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still remember the feeling the first time I dragged knee....it felt great. I had been roadracing for over a year by that time. I had just graduated from Novice to Expert and had done that by smokin' a lot of racers on much newer/better equipment. My point is: dragging knee is not always the fastest way around the track. I have seen guys wear their pucks out in a couple weekends and their lap times suck. You can go really, really fast while working/improving on all aspects of form and bike control. You WILL eventually start dragging knees (and lowers) as the process comes together. Invest in: the best tires you can afford, the best safety equipment you can afford (esp boots), and track time. You will have a blast!!!!

Old 01-23-2008, 12:49 AM

this is probably a dumb question...how often will the knee dragging come into play? i know i havent needed to lean a lot, one HW i ride once in a while is well, pretty controlled enviroment...the police that is.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...e5228f5mz2.jpg

Old 01-23-2008, 12:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Never at street speed limits.

Often at track speed limits.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:36 AM

ahh, kinda figured.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:43 AM

Just my two cents might help..Fisrt take it to the track too many have seriously injured themselves, unfortunately I have watched to my horror a friend DIE... now that I have done my due diligence.

My first time touching down was on the track and I was more concerned on body position and the 1million other mechanical applications that got together when cornering. AS smoothness and confidence increased without me really even noticing I touched down...could do it a gain if I tried that day!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Now I can do it on commad but like it was posted up top in this post it's not always the fastest way around the track

Why?...I was trying too hard.[sm=wootwoot.gif] All this was on a track, take your time, you have spent the money for leatheres so...

sign up for a track day and go have fun[sm=bounceybounce.gif] it will all come real quick if you focus on your riding skill just to ride around the track at speed or at your pace you are comfortable..I say this so you will be ready to ride this summer if you injure yourself all this is useless...

You will have less distractions, no on coming cars, tree's,curbs,oil,etc... and plenty of guy's out there too assist you at what you are trying to accomplish.

In your video if you don't mind me saying so needs allot of work. Your body was straight up and down therefore your center of gravity was/is too high, head position indicates fear and that is the worst you can have when attempting too ride a bike in a controlled area let alone on the street..[sm=violin.gif]

Don't be offended just want to keep you in one piece and if I did not tell you I really would not be a true fellow rider/racer

Old 01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hah, I wasn't givin er' in the video... This was on the street, and I put about as much effort into my body position as required to get around the corner, which I did [:'(]

Fear? yes, that ****ing PT cruiser was in my lane before he popped into the video screen!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:46 PM

I can tell you, you won't see my knee down or even out on the road on the ST. You will see me hanging a cheek however. The ST lends itself to not having a knee out distrupting the air flow. I do love running a corner with the proper body positioning with a Harley coming from the other direction. I effortllessly wave at the them with the outside hand. Only if it is the clutch side of course.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:55 PM

Yeah you can definitely get your knee down with the f2 without hitting parts. I've done it at 15mph. I constantly slide over on my seat and stick out my knee even by the slightest bit on any turn now. It just feels natural to me.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:35 AM

Hershey that comment was for the guy who started the thread if that was you in the video my bad I thought the guy was giving us a taste of what he was trying too do have you done some track time yourself?

Quick Reply: Dragg'in knee on a stock 600f2?