CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Does Arlen Ness headlight put 80+ HPs at wheel on F2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Arlen Ness headlight put 80+ HPs at wheel on F2?

One of the funnies sale pitch I have seen in recent months.

"There is a Arlen Ness plain chrome custom headlight on it; everyone knows a chrome headlight adds like 80+ horsepower at the rear wheel... People don't realize this but a Harley V-twin actually makes about 12 Horsepower; this is why Harleys have so many giant chrome lights on them, otherwise they could not maintain highway speeds."

Check the rest out.

From http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1499730668.html
Greatly modified 1992 CBR 600 F2 - Lots of go fast goodies, totally stripped down, handful of custom parts. F3 Carbs, ignition, computer, wiring harness, F4 rear suspension, Vance and Hines stainless exhaust can, pipe wrap, quick twist throttle. All the ugly was tossed and the tank got sprayed flat black. It weighs about 130 lbs less then a stock CBR, quite nimble in the current form, and will lift the front wheel without trying.

Recent work includes: Brand new DP clutch and synthetic oil about a month ago. Both tires less then 6 months old, new lifetime battery in July. Carbs were cleaned and dialed in March. Clean Title in hand, Reg good until June 2010. I will include the Clymer manual and a slightly used cargo net so you can carry the manual home with you.

No gauges or signals other then a temp gauge off an old Goldwing. OUTLAWS ONLY NEED APPLY. Seriously, this is not a bike for a goody two shoes or begining rider. It is the perfect bike if you are planning on riding like a man possessed, doing wheelies, stunting, and just generally being a total badass. Ideal for modern day outlaw biker, ninja, or low-budget super hero/villian. If you know and live the 1%er lifestyle but don't believe you need to be chained to an antique V-twin then this is your bike.

There is a Arlen Ness plain chrome custom headlight on it; everyone knows a chrome headlight adds like 80+ horsepower at the rear wheel. This bike is considerably more aggresive looking then anything Mr Honda planned. (People don't realize this but a Harley V-twin actually makes about 12 Horsepower; this is why Harleys have so many giant chrome lights on them, otherwise they could not maintain highway speeds.) Needless to say the hopped up CBR powerplant PLUS a chrome headlight makes for a neck snapping ride...

I like my bikes like my women: fast, lean, stripped, and willing. This one does not disappoint, alas, I need a downpayment for a house.

2500 or offer trades possible whatcha got? 415-637-0569

PS: Yes, I am a ninja, so don't screw with me. The bike is a CBR, to be clear.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Old 12-12-2009, 09:38 AM

if he thinks he will get 2500 for that bike he is smoking crack. plus he has admitted that he rags the **** out of it so there is no telling what problems it might have.

Old 12-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

striped aka beat the plastics off of it n cant afford to replace em!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 11:17 AM

Lol That's pretty funny. I got my bike from Craigslist, for about 1/3 the cost of that one. In pretty much the same condition.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

there is no way he removed 130 pounds of excess "whatever" from that bike. i know the exhaust is heavy but not that much, and plastics weigh next to nothing even all together. i think this guy is on more than crack.