CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Did a few mods to the F2 today...

Old 09-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did a few mods to the F2 today...

So, riding down the freeway, I hate seeing newer GSXR's or CBR's that look oh so sexy. Real clean under the rear fender, no bulky lights or fender over the tire. Nothing hanging down. I love the look of a nice fat naked rear tire. So, I figured I'd give my F2 the update she deserves. I installed a clear led taillight with integrated turn signals, removed the old turn signals and license plate. Mounted the license plate to the back of the battery box. Removed the rear peg set brackets and installed a mount underneath the bike to support the exhaust. Cut off the splash shield that sits directly over the rear tire. I cut it so it looks clean, and the chain guard is unaffected. Now my big fat tire is exposed with no obstructions. Installed a carbon fiber triple tree cover, carbon fiber look tank pad, and a carbon fiber look gas cover. My bike is painted flat black, so it all matches nicely. Mounted a fiberglass rear seat cover on the passenger part of the seat, painted it to match the bike. Installed white face reverse glow gauge faces. Installed clear front turn signal lenses. Installed some frame sliders and cut holes in the side fairings for them. Then I did the usual crap like installed a manual cam chain tensioner, new thermostat, and changed the oil. If anybody needs a manual cam chain tensioner, I have an extra one, in the package. Long story. Plus, I found a much easier way to install it. No removing the valve cover. Ok, so I guess I'm done for now. Just wanted to share some ideas with yall. I can post some pictures if anybody wants to see what I did.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Default RE: Did a few mods to the F2 today...

Let's see some before and after goodness!!

Old 09-03-2006, 05:49 PM

All I got is the after goodness... Gotta run down to the parking garage and snap some pics for yall... But I gotta finish this beer first. Too much hard work requires alcohol...

Old 09-03-2006, 06:16 PM

Pics are kinda bad because the bike is in the parking garage. I'd move it outside, but I have the headlight fairing hanging. Waiting on a new tachometer needle because I broke the old one while installing the reverse indiglo gauges. Bike is also really dirty because it's been down for 3 weeks due to a bad CCT.

I'll snap some better pics once I get it all put back together, washed, and in the daylight!

Old 09-03-2006, 06:20 PM

Whoops, didn't realize I had the resolution set that high... You must also excuse the rust spot on the muffler. That's where the old mounting bracket was. I need to run some steel wool over that.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:30 PM

What did you use to mount the exhaust since you removed the black abrs from under the tail and the rear pegs?

Old 09-03-2006, 06:35 PM

That's a better shot. For the muffler bracket, underneath the bike, there's some holes that look as if they are made for a center stand or something. I put an exhaust clamp around the tailpipe and through the hole. It supports the exhaust nicely.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:46 PM

You got a shot of how you did that? I wante to remove the black metal on mine too but didn't have a replacement for the exhaust hanger.

Old 09-03-2006, 06:49 PM

I'll have to wait till I get the bike mobile, and into the daylight. It's really hard to see in the dark parking garage. But I'll PM ya when I get some good shots of it. The bike looks much cleaner from the side and rear without the black metal bars hanging down. Besides, I never put anybody on the back of my bike anyways.