CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

couple of questions for the F2 guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default couple of questions for the F2 guys

Couple of questions....

1. What kind of exhaust do you have? Stock or aftermarket? If aftermarket what kind? Mine is a Vance and Hines slip on and MAN it is loud as hell! Almost too loud! But the problem with mine is that it doesnt really fit the pipe and is really loose and wobbly. It is on my list of things to repair/tinker with.

2. I know this sounds really noobish...but how fast have you had your F2?

Old 06-15-2007, 01:24 AM
Default RE: couple of questions for the F2 guys

D&D.. guarantee its louder than a vance..

top speed--->https://cbrforum.com/m_102703/tm.htm

and http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/hon...600_f_1992.php

Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the stock can on mine...and I love it...deep, and low when cruising and sings when getting on the throttle...
I've had my F2 only up to 115 so far...I run out of room or catch up to vehicles too soon...
RB

Old 06-15-2007, 01:27 AM

LMAO, you need to read the off topic forum at the top. That question is ranked as one of the dumbest question asked.

As for exhaust, I thought I only had a Vance and Hines slip on, butI found out today that it is a whole V&H system from the engine. It's loud, but at idle it sounds just like a big block Chevy. (love drag racing)

Oh, and while it may seem loud while on the bike, but sometimes isn't really that loud away from the bike. I always think mine is loud, but my BIL took it for a ride the other day and it didn't sound that loud when he was even 1 house away.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:42 AM

ok thanks for pointing out that other thread to me...I just wanted to get an idea of what the bike is capable of...that does it...

couple more questions for you guys...should be easy to answer or you can probably just post a link to another thread like you just did...

1. I have the choice of getting an Clymer repair manual or a downloadable PDF format service manual for about the same price. From the descriptions, the PDF sounds alot better, but you guys know more than I do about it. What do you think I should get? Anyone know of a free one I could get somewhere?

2. How much good will a K & N air filter do me HP wise? how much trouble is it to put in? would iNEED to rejet? found one on the net for about $50...that sound like a decent price?

Old 06-15-2007, 04:21 AM

do a bit of searching.. I got my pdf for free off of one of the sport bike forums, i cant remember which one

Old 06-15-2007, 11:31 AM

i got a vance and hines 552r and i love it,had mine going 135

Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 AM

Mine has a Micron Plus end can. No idea if it's been jetted. Had her up to 135mph

Old 06-15-2007, 12:07 PM

There is a website, I think called stephygee.com or something really similar. I should know for surebecause I just downloaded the service manual from the site and sent a thank you. It's 50megs and not a penny charged. Almost the same exact thing as if you bought the manual. I also just recieved last night a hard copy of a manual I bought off ebay and there are updates to the manual as there have been pages added into the book. I'll have to compare the two over the weekend to see if the one on the web is the updated version or not.

FWIW, the service manual isa bit different than aClymer manual. the service manual shows you all the pictures, but does little to explain anything besides "remove xx part, remove xx part, etc". The service manual does show you exploded diagrams of everything though and the section about carb tune up is fairly detailed compared to the rest of the book IMO. I'd go for both if you could get them cheap enough from eBay. I was winning an auction for a Clymer manual on eBay for like $1 and the auction was ending today. eBay pulled the plug because of some non comforming problem. I think the person listing added something to get the auction pulled.

I'm getting a K&N filter for my bikeand while I'm not sure it will add any HP, it should allow the engine to rev a bit easier. I think I have seen them for $45 plus shipping on ebay. The one I am getting is a good used one and will total a bit less than the $45 including shipping. (oh, and the K&N should last longer between servicing, so less maintenance involved)

Old 06-15-2007, 06:13 PM

thanks alot man...I went to that stephygee.com site last night when someone else told me about it but I couldnt find the F2 manual on there...I looked around again today and finally found it...just wasnt looking in the right spot...I think that manual is going to be almost identical to the one I was gonna buy off of ebay so I guess Ill stick with this one for a while..thanks!

Quick Reply: couple of questions for the F2 guys