CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   Connected gas lines from gas tank, now wont start.. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/connected-gas-lines-gas-tank-now-wont-start-151390/)

tomekzski 03-30-2014 10:15 PM

Connected gas lines from gas tank, now wont start..

Hey,

So i took off my gas tank to check out the carbs, and i put it back on and and connected everything, and it doesnt start, and yes i put the gas petcock to on...

does anyone know where i can find a diagram or photo of what it should look like? i cant find anything

any help would be AWESOME. Good weather soon, NEED TO RIDE lol

THANKS,
Tom

tomekzski 03-31-2014 12:45 AM

for example, i connected the hose to the petcock, and the vacuum hose next to it. and i tried starting her up and it was a no go...ill post pics up tomorrow

PossibleOne 03-31-2014 05:08 AM

Sometimes it just takes a little bit for the fuel to get into the carbs. How long did you wait? Here is a fiche of how it should go....

1992 Honda CBR600F2 A FUEL TANK | Babbitts Honda Parts House

-Poss

RedBaron 03-31-2014 07:17 AM

vent lines at the bottom kinked?

kill switch? lol

JamieDenny 03-31-2014 07:57 AM

ignition on ? lol

Mattson 03-31-2014 09:02 AM

Vacuum leak? Pop the vacuum line from the cyl 1, then pull the fuel line from the petcock, attach a tube to it so you won't spill gas all over the engine and suck on the vacuum line, you should be getting a stream of fuel out.

But yea sometimes the answer is the simplest, my killswitch can be a little...fiddly, I can get it so that it LOOKS like it's on but it actually is off, which is why I never use it. Make sure you're getting spark.

Migge 03-31-2014 09:22 AM

+1 on Mattson. I too have desperately searched for a mechanical error when in reality it is a glitchy killswitch. Because of that, never use it unless I have to.

tomekzski 03-31-2014 12:31 PM

thanks for the tips guys, would of never thought of mattesons idea, what i was thinking that fuel wasnt getting in either and there was just an air bubble in the system. thanks!!!! i will try it out righttttt now

tomekzski 03-31-2014 06:59 PM

got everything to work!!!!! thanks alot! i just had to wait a little bit apparently. my idle is crazy though now. it idles at 1500 for about 10 seconds, then it skyrockets to 3500 to 4000. it was after i put the idle screw in(which was a b... to put in) most definitley will need to rethread it, or unfortunatley get a new carb... i had to force screw it in with plyers. The weirdest part is when it gets to 3500 rpms and i put the choke on it the bike just dies...so im thinking that the choke may be on the whole time..any ideas?? just got the bike in, no time to check it out at the moment. just looking for any ideas ppl have..

thanks!!!

electman83 04-01-2014 12:05 AM

On my 94 if the bike is warm at all and I choke it,it instantly dies.Also with choke on as the bike warms
up the rpms will also increase.That's when you turn choke goes all the way off.