CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

complete bull****..

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default complete bull****..

someone please tell me how this is legal and how the **** i got a ticket for it.

im riding down the street coming out of a wide 35 mph turn, granted im on a sportbike and i want to have some fun so im going 50-55 (no traffic). as i come out of the turn completely straight and up and starting to slow down because im reaching traffic, a guy in a mini van pulls out infront of me from a median split. now im in the left lane going a little over the speed limit but nothing more then like 10? and he pulls out so close to me that i honk my horn and i hit both my brakes to shave off even more speed, so im going about 30 now, and change to the right lane so i dont run into the back of him, and he changes lanes right in front of me, no blinker of anything. and i reapply my brakes again and lock up the back tire by accident. so as im sliding to a stop i hit his back bumper and it jars my front wheel causing me to lowside.

now i get up after i roll around a bit and chase after the dude throwing my hands in the air trying to get him to stop. ( i just leave my bike in the road.) the guy finally pulls over after about 50 yards of me chasing his ***. then he says "im going to call the law." doesnt even ask me if im ok. so i say "yeah do that buddy" and i walk around the back of his van and memorize his plates incase he bolts. i walk back to my bike and a few other drivers had already picked up my motorcycle and i push it off the road.

so the cop he called finally pulls up after like 15 min and starts talking to the mini van guy for about 10 minutes. then walks over to me and tells me that its my fault before i even tell him my side of the story. no matter what i say, it was still my fault. and i get a failure to control my vehicle ticket. and the cop said that the guy in the mini van doesnt want to press charges for me hitting him and told me to get out of there before i get fined for hitting the van.

what the fck is that all about.....

Old 03-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: complete bull****..

The way the law sees it if you hit something in the rear its your fault. I agree its bull****.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:52 PM

yeap you hit some in the rear you are in fault even if the morron stop in the middle of the highway
i hope you ok

Old 03-09-2008, 04:57 PM

they need to make some sort of right away laws for motorcycles.

saying like if someone cuts you off and you fall its the other drivers fault. it happens too much for it to be ok.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:42 PM

i was looking into things a bit, if a driver pulls into your right of way unexpectedly and you rear end them, its their fault.
i even had another biker as a witness backing me up

i think he had connections with the cop, this sucks

Old 03-09-2008, 07:53 PM

thats some bull $hit bro. fight that one!!!! you should have decked the guy before he called the law then at least you would feel GREAT about the ticket you got. of course thats movie land cause you'd probably be in jail right now but a man can dream.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:00 PM

i think you should fight it, it sounds like you got screwed. espescially if the cop just assumed you were at fault and didnt give you a chance to defend yourself. perhaps consult a lawyer to see if you have a case?

Old 03-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Classic "swoop and squat"

He did it on purpose, happens all the time.

Sucks man!

Old 03-10-2008, 02:24 AM

Honestly fight it. If you have eye-witnesses to the case then by all means you'll win. Take pictures of all of the damages of your bike from everything that was scratched (or everything that is damaged period) and sue him for that much + injuries. I'm pretty sure you will win, and moreover put that cop into a heap of trouble as well. What ever happened to "innocent till proven guilty?" Seems more like guilty till proven innocent now a days. If the law wants to **** you, use it to your advantage.

-Jasper

Old 03-10-2008, 02:30 AM

you can fight it which would cost you money and time or you can just nibb this one in the butt. What they wiil tell you is that, if the car in front of you is defective and his indicators/stop lights were not working you should of had the appropriate distance from the car in front of you. They will tell you that you were following to close to the car. The biggest problem is if you do take this to court it will be your word against the cop. Guess who will win? I feel very sorry for you as this can happen to anyone. There are alot of ******** out there, that just love causing trouble.

Quick Reply: complete bull****..