CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

CBR600 F2 Stalling and bogging down

Old 06-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR600 F2 Stalling and bogging down

I am renaming this thread due to solving the leaking problem.

okay so now my problem is still stalling. Heres how it begins.

Just to clerify, Petcock is fixed and spotless, Carbs are COMPLETELY spotless and seafoam is in the tank.

After much work I am still getting stalling issues. I go to start the bike. choke on, fuel petcock turned to "ON" then start cranking. takes a while but finally starts turning over. let her warm up, no change in idle speed. take choke off and it dies. then try to start without the choke, I crank and crank and finaaly she turns over, I adjust the idle speed. after a short while it will spike then die again. i cant start her up at all. i turn on the choke again and keep cranking. Fuel/air mixture screws are 2 + 1/8 turns out. i look at the muffler and notice fuems coming from it. it smells like gas. I swith the the "OFF" position and choke on and start cranking, finally turns over. I let it run then remove the choke and it dies. Turn the Fuel valve back to "ON" and crank it over! starts up again very nicely! runs for a while then spikes in RPM and dies again. and it all starts over.. i see more fuems, exhaust pops and shoots fire. I have cleaned the carbs 4 times THEY ARE SPOTLESSS!!.

I have not changed the plugs yet.. but i am going to just in case they are fouled.. though they seem to run great.

other thing is I have a tube coming from the #1 and #2 carb into a "T" connection which takes them to the petcock. makes sense but is this overkill? on all other F2's ive just seen one from the #1 carb?

also could this be a carb sync problem? my petcock runs normal and i get no fuel to my mouth when i suck on the vacuum line.

Things I need to check: Change oil with filter, smells of fuel, and change plugs.. other then that i dont know what to do.

Sorry about the long post its just a long process.. any ideas would be super helpful.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Have you tested your rectifier??

Old 06-26-2011, 10:09 PM

Not yet but it seemed to be working correctly. It was charging my system well. And i had a fully charged battery and it did the same thing

Old 06-27-2011, 02:43 AM

If I was in your situation, I'd sync the carbs.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Yeah ill try to sync them. Do you think one cylinder could be bogging down for incorrect sync?

Old 06-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Okay my carbs breather tubes that connect between the 1&2 and another between the 3&4 are connected with clear tubing.. could this be causing a problem?

Old 06-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if i were you, i'd replace the spark plugs.

Idk about you, but when i get home, then i remember the batteries. that's why best buy has them for easy pickup when you leave. Are you all stocked up?

Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 AM

the previous owner connecting the vacuum tubes between carbs 1and2 with the one from between 3and4. So the carbs were not able to push the fuel through the jets. i pulled off the tube connector and it started up and ran perfect right away. it was insane. This is the same owner who switched the sparplug wires causing every cylinder to backfire through the carbs, and reversed the spring in the petcock making it stay on and flood my engine.. lol

I noticed little bits of metal in my oil/fuel when i drained it. when i pulled off a side cover to fix a leaky gasket, i noticed that the starter geat had sheared from its boss on the engine block... but the starter still worked. i investigated further and dicovered that the pin was secured on the boss on the alternater cover. there was still enough boss on the blod to support the gear and thats why the starter still works, none the less i dont want metal in my oil. i think that the boss on the block is getting shaved down by the gear because its so close to the block. since the pin in being supported by the alternator cover, im considering doing some jb welding to recreat a support and seat for the gear to sit on so it doesing rub against the engine block. what do you guys think?

shes running great now! i believe it has a jet kit so i dont have to use the choke on start up.. lol its great. i took her out for a spin yesterday too. man those carbs are clean! lol

Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 AM

Lol Yupp... if you only checked your manual...

Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 AM

Well yeah i did check the manual but it didnt say what they were! I didnts see anything like what i had on there. I ended up looking online at pics of stock carbs and knew it wasnt right. Took 5 minutes to fix