CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

cbr sounds like a v twin..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cbr sounds like a v twin..

i swore i thought i did a thread on this a couple months ago.. but i guess i didnt?? well last time my cbr sounded like a vtwin i just switched it over to reserve tank and it stopped.. but now it has started again..tried the same thing by switching over to reserve but this time it didnt help.

i JUST replaced my spark plugs yesterday with new NGKs.. no iridiums cuz im too poor.. rode to my friends house and stayed there for about 4 hours then on the ride home my bike started sounding like a v twin.. idle was pretty slow and sounded spaced out...(am i making sense?) haha. and the launch,or take off, was sluggish. so today i took off my carbs.. didnt really clean them but i just made sure nothing was clogging. put it back on and she still sounds like a v twin.. up until past 5-7k? i dont have gauges so im guessing 5-7k but im damn sure it sounds like a v twin from 1k-4k. after 7k she roars like a sexy CBR is supposed to!!!.. any help please?

Old 08-30-2009, 04:46 PM

Mine sounded exactly the same, you need to clean your carbs and make sure you dont miss the D shaped one. Look at the sticky there is a how to.

Hope that helps and fixes your problem

Old 08-30-2009, 07:19 PM

Also check to make sure your vent tube to the tank is clear, mine was doing that yesterday, and I found the vent tube was plugged - it couldn't draw enough fuel for the amount of air it was getting. Hence the V-twin sound.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by 99LS1
Mine sounded exactly the same, you need to clean your carbs and make sure you dont miss the D shaped one. Look at the sticky there is a how to.

Hope that helps and fixes your problem
the D shaped screws are the pilot jet screws right? i was told not to touch those because it can really mess up my air/fuel mixture.

Originally Posted by GSX_RDR
Also check to make sure your vent tube to the tank is clear, mine was doing that yesterday, and I found the vent tube was plugged - it couldn't draw enough fuel for the amount of air it was getting. Hence the V-twin sound.
i relocated the coolant hose, charcoal canister hose, and also the gas hose. and it sounds a little better.. but im not completely sure if it is really sounding better or is it just me getting used to the sound ...=X

Old 08-30-2009, 11:08 PM

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=sputter

this sounds alot like my problem.. but this didnt happen until AFTER i changed out my spark plugs.... i guess i gotta go lookin for some spark!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:12 PM

Did you maybe not connect the leads properly after changing the plugs? ... one could have wiggled loose...?

Old 08-31-2009, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bently600
Did you maybe not connect the leads properly after changing the plugs? ... one could have wiggled loose...?
yeah i double checked after i noticed my bike startin sounding like that. i even took out the new plugs to see if it was fouled or anythin but the plugs were good. i also put a bottle of seafoam this morning and i let it idle for a bit but it still sounded the same.. however the ride is alot smoother and the throttle response is almost normal but it still sounds like a vtwin! so i was thinkin since i put the seafoam in would it be a carb problem? after school im gonna test for spark..

Old 08-31-2009, 02:29 PM

Yes its the pilot jet.

NO idea who told you not to touch it but it made my bike idle AMAZING!

Read this... https://cbrforum.com/forum/f2-tech-93/carburetor-cleaning-tuning-101-a-96888/

Old 09-01-2009, 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by 99LS1
Yes its the pilot jet.

NO idea who told you not to touch it but it made my bike idle AMAZING!

Read this... https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96888
im just worried about how tight should i tighten them? ive read the tuning procedure for pilot jets and it says that you tighten each pilot jet differently..

on the other hand i checked for spark in the wires and arc in the plugs and they're all good n strong..

Old 09-01-2009, 01:18 PM

ok so i rode to school this morning and the bike was half way between ridable and shytty. ridable meaning i can ride it but i shoulda drove my car instead. so like i said i added seafoam in my bike yesterday and it ran a little better. but now it runs better than before i put the seafoam in..but shyttier than how it ran right after i put the seafoam in.. sorry if im confusing anyone. the bike sputters alot. when im holding it at a constant RPM it sounds muffled.. but right when i give it a little throttle then it sounds regular but with sputter(for example.. BBBRRRRR PRPRPRPR BRRRRR PR PR PR) haha. im in 3rd gear(not sure how fast im going cuz i dont have gauges) and i WOT the biznatch! wow.. i gotta say im holding the throotle WIDE WIDE open for a SOLID 10 mississippi seconds and i barely had to grip my handle bars.. it felt like i went from 30mph to 45mph.. so when i get home im gonna clean the butt outta my carbs(including pilot jets) n see if it gets any better.

NEW PROBLEM... while i was idling at a red light.. i hear a little shot of air.. hard to explain. but it sounds like when u get a eye check up and they blow that puff of air in ur eye to check presssure or whatever, it sounded exactly like that.. it did it a couple times at the light and when i looked at it, it also blew some white smoke out with it.. i've heard this noise before but never thought anything of it . im close to just bringing this bike to a shop to get her fixed =[

Last edited by CaliKush; 09-01-2009 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: cbr sounds like a v twin..