CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

carb jetting ,synchronize,adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb jetting ,synchronize,adjustments

I need some help .I am a car tech. in need of a little help.
I have cbr 600 f2 .it has a slip on pipe and no other mods.
I had a bad idle but performance was good and was told to check the piolt jet they all were clean ,but I found the number 2 carb had a fitting on it used to sync carb with no cap ,no brainer put cap on ok. but I was told since I have a slip on pipe I have to adjust the mixture screws on the carbs .they said turn all the way in and back out 2.5 turns for all?
nw the idle is great , but I lost performance , power , doesn`t run bad just a feels like less power than before the carb adjust scews were only turned out about 1.5 turns . I did not have fittings to synch carbs .could I have messed up the carbs and no has poor power ???????

Old 10-09-2004, 04:00 AM
Default RE: carb jetting ,synchronize,adjustments

Any motorcycle shop should be able to get you the "Carb Sticks" to synchronize your carbs and they should come with all the proper parts needed to synchro the carb as well as instructions.The only bikes that require additional adapters are some Yamaha's ( I have had a few)
I dont want to throw a shameless plug in here...but I do OWN a motorcyle store in Northern California and if your local dealer cant help you, give me a call or a email (916) 797-2739 or apexmotorsports@hotmail.com. We have a basic website, www.apexroseville.com
The part you need is manufactured by Motion Pro and can be ordered from numerous vendors ( Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky...ect) These companys dont sell to the public but ANY dealer in the U.S. has access to these. It would be a good idea to get the proper Jet kit for your bike ( @$120 retail) the air fuel mixture screws are usually "cast" over and require drilling the blindplugs out..
Also if you are gonna jet the carbs you should ensure that your valve clearance is in spec since the valves affect the way the motor is "breathing" and jetting the carbs is a "breathing" type of adjustment. If your engine valves (intake and exhaust) are to far off the chart and you jet your bike with it that way, when you go to adjust your valves it can affect the way it runs.
You mentioned you were a car mechanic and I hope I havent offended you with this info, just trying to help you and anyone else that has this same question.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Default RE: carb jetting ,synchronize,adjustments

I spent numerous hours trying to dial in the carbs on my CB-1 after a complete overhaul. If you can just get passed the Pilot screws, everything else should be simple, if you have the carb synch guages. They're not expensive. I bought the shop quality model manufactured by Motion Pro. I used them to synch my CB-1 carbs months ago. It was a sinch.

The most difficult procedure of carburator adjustments are the Pilot screws. Dealing with them is worse than dealing with my boss. I spent too many hours with the CB-1 carbs, so no I have an appointment to bring the bike in. All I can say is that I tried before just handing over my hard earned money. Good luck.