CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 600F2 (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/)
-   -   can use some help with my bikes carbs. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2-16/can-use-some-help-my-bikes-carbs-151701/)

visching101 04-21-2014 06:07 PM

can use some help with my bikes carbs.

Ok so i was able to pick up a bike for free from someone who owed me some money. The wiring was a mess on it cause he went for the whole street fighter look. So i just got a new harness installed now im working on getting the thing started. It cranks but wont start.

So i drained the tank, put a little over a gallon of fresh gas in. Made sure all the hoses were hooked up and so on. I ended up draining the float bowls and only the first carb really had anything in it. I tried to get them to fill again but for a while only the 1st would get any fuel. A buddy told me to mix in a little sea foam or poor it directly into the main fuel line so i did that, and not the first 2 get fuel but the 3rd and 4th are still bone dry.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JamieDenny 04-22-2014 03:36 AM

hi

take a look in the tech section and follow the carb cleaning thread, its really easy and the thread shows every step.

Mattson 04-22-2014 04:27 AM

Some kind of a clog in the fuel line or the T-joint between #3 and 4? The float needles usually get stuck open rather than closed but you can't really be sure until you pop the carbs out and see what's up inside the float bowls. It's not hard to do, specially with the instructions.

Also check you petcock vacuum valve and the little hose between front of carb #1 to the petcock for any cracks, that's the vacuum line that keeps the valve open.

visching101 04-22-2014 12:13 PM

yea going to look into all that. I think i got fuel going to all the floats. goin to let it sit for a little with the seafoam and see if i can get the bike started. Went to remove the carbs last night to do a whole cleaning but the previous over stripped quite a few of the screws and i just dont have the tools on hand to deal with that.

visching101 04-22-2014 02:19 PM

quick update... So fuel is running to the carbs now which is nice. The bike sounds a little different when trying to start it. The best way i can explain it is like its trying to start and almost putters.

The above video is not mine. But the bike sounds like when he turns the choke on and tries to start it.

goatxxmastr 04-23-2014 01:15 PM

thats the bike trying to start. mine does that when its cold and hasnt been ran in a while. until i cleaned the filter screen, my "ON" position of my petcock didnt seem to work well enough to keep the bike running so i had to use the "reserve" side. maybe try that? sometimes those little mesh filters get clocked from gunk in the tank and dont let enough gas through. just an idea