CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Cagers just can't use reverse... and frame sliders save the day again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cagers just can't use reverse... and frame sliders save the day again!

Well, I was in a business meeting today with a client about redoing their e-commerce package (IE: Online store) when some one ran into the resteraunt and side a motorcycle was just hit. I calmly excused myself and went outside... and sure enough some older gentleman with his wife had backed into my bike!

I remained calm, as I had the meeting to return to and finalize... but man... talk about lame ****!

Anyway, the guy was polite, and apologetic, and admitted fault. Really it wasn't hat big of a deal in the end. One snapped mirror, one broken foot peg, some lightly rashed plastic. Nothing a paint pen and almost no money in parts won't fix.

The good news is... my $20 cheap *** delrin frame sliders saved my bike from a lot of damage AGAIN! This is twice now (and only twice this bike has been hit the ground) where the frame sliders have very distinctly averted a notable amount of fairing damage.

SO... if you don't have frame sliders, get them already!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:57 AM

Where did you get them from and how much did they cost? A local F2 owner has a set on his bike, but does not know where they came from as they were installed by the PO. My bike has been backed over twice and I am getting tired of broken fairings. the worst one was the tabs on the upper fairings that hold the lowers in place.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:26 AM

Glad to hear they worked.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always park in the slash lines near handicap spots, because my previous bike has been hit too many times by dumb hick Hoosiers. Business owners tell us not to park there and we repply with" I can see you are not a motorcycle owner and never had your bike hit in a parking lot. Gladly move after we are done". Be polite, it works everytime.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM

Glad to know they worked. I used to have Frame sliders on my YZF600R and they saved the fairings twice aswell from similar situations, but I havent placed them on my CBR yet...
Im still thinking about it... some people defend that they are only good for stopped drop situations... that if you are moving along, things "MIGHT" get real hairy as the sliders can get caught and if they do, might bend/break the frame...
Old Wives Tales or not?

Old 09-15-2010, 11:52 AM

I got mine for like $15 on fleabay for like $15... a store called supply-n-demand or something like that

Old 09-15-2010, 12:27 PM

Supply-n-demand does sell them on ebay.

You can also Go to d2moto.com and they always run 25% off specials. Join their mailing list and you will get a promo code shortly.

Watch out though as their kits do not include the proper bolts, so you'll need to source up some grade 8 steel bolts. Also, you'll need to cut your fairings. Go to a hardware store, and request a "hole saw" drill attachment. Find one that fits over your slider, and then you're most the way there.

To install, get a sharpie and remove your plastics. Undo your stock engine bolts. Place the new bolts in, but do not fasten them. Put plastics back on. Slide bolts out until they contact plastics. Trace around the bolt head with your sharpie. Remove plastics. You'll now have a distinct location to drill your plastics out with the hole saw. Drill away, clean edges with sand paper, and it'll look perfect.